1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Social Media -> Youtube

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ItsSeal, Sep 22, 2019.

1. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Hi people,

I deleted all of my social accounts a whole time ago, but Youtube comes and goes. Sometimes i laugh at it, sometimes it is just the same none stop scrolling without thinking. Does anyone else had the same feeling and how did you responded on it?

I also tried by doing it like maximum 30 minutes a day, but its hard to discipline that on toughs days when you got nothing else to do.

Greetings,

2. bestbacon

bestbacon Fapstronaut

It's not that there's nothing to do, but that you haven't asked yourself what you want to do that will make you happy!

Majority of the people are so accustomed to consuming content and media that we forget that it deters us from what we should actually be doing.

I used to be the same way as you in that I would over indulge in video games, manga, and all sorts of unnecessary time wasters. At one point I asked myself what value or virtue I would derive from this. My answer was that it would rarely associate to any positive change in my life and just usually waste time which is why I stopped completely. Don't get me wrong when friends come over I will indulge in watching YouTube videos, play games, or whatever is a fun past time. However I make sure to schedule it in my life as a point in time in which I'm relaxing and enjoying the leisure activity.

It's ok if you still haven't got to the point in which you completely dissociate from social media. At all times you are choosing to do the action that you feel is best anyways. Maybe the videos you watched could be a topic of conversation or provide you with trivial knowledge that is interesting to you. When you get to the point of not wanting to watch YouTube videos anymore then stop. Elsewise you're just refraining from doing something your subconscious wanted you to do anyways.

Ben4567 and ItsSeal like this.