1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Socially Stronger

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by RockIt59, Jun 14, 2019.

1. RockIt59

RockIt59 Fapstronaut

When quitting PMO, I found myself to be more confident in what I do. During college when I would masturbate, I did not really talk much. I stayed in the back of the classroom hoping to leave. I talked to very few people, and I tried to avoid teachers. It was not like me. My addiction has caused me to avoid almost all responsibilities, and it has ruined my social environment. Once stopping, I found that I can talk to people much easier. Hopefully I will be able to talk about anything once I finish my 90 days. Anyone know how to keep a conversation going or how to be more engaging?

Deleted Account and ttotal like this.
  2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

The point of nofap is to get rid of toxic habits (PMO) to create room in your life to do things that develop your reality and yourself.

Waiting 90 days is just procrastinating. A limiting belief that you need to wait that long before taking action. You should be doing the things you know you should be doing to become the person you want to be and to have the life that you want from day 1.

If you want to be more engaging, then talk about something that engages you.

If you want to get better at keeping a conversation going, then you have to practice conversing with others more and risking the possibility that you will run out of things to say. Risking that you will fail, get embarrassed, and make mistakes. If it's easy, then you're not really pushing your level of competence, confidence, or experience level.

Circumstances are made not to matter as much by experiencing them more. Not by waiting for the circumstances to always be in your favor before taking any action. You won't ever get better at anything that way.