1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Solitude

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Dec 7, 2020.

1. I'm slowly starting to come to terms with my solitude ; maybe I am even starting to like it. I haven't spoken to anyone in weeks and I no longer care. It is so quiet in this house that you could hear a needle drop. I have gotten to know myself so well over the course of this past year. I listen to my own thoughts all day. Being away from other people can be one of the greatest joys in life ; I think even God would understand this. Especially God. There is something very peaceful about walking through an empty town at night like a stranger and seeing all the lights inside people's houses, your foot steps as the only sound.

2. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Yessir.. I live alone so i feel yah.. Just curious.. What do u do for work?

Maurice00 likes this.
  3. skybrowser

skybrowser Fapstronaut

As an introvert I can appreciate some alone time here and there but with the recent lockdown we just had is probably the longest I had gone without physical interaction and it started to feel strange even for me. Having said that with all that quiet time I started to realize a whole lot about myself that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. I do think interaction is important but so is some quiet time especially to spend with God.

4. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

When i read that.. For some reason that quote from the bible came into mind where Jesus says the Kingdom of god or heaven is inside you.. Thats deep.. But i agree 100%

5. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

I am like you! I am not married no girlfriends. Years ago I was in a strict catholic seminary. It was monastic. So back in seminary I spent a lot of time alone. Here in staten island ny people are not the gregarious type. I sure do miss the friendships I had in seminary. My question I asked myself time to time..if they were so wonderfull why aren't they here with me now? People are funny..very erratic.

Maurice00 likes this.
  6. nghia_haribol

nghia_haribol Fapstronaut

retention + being alone (no texting or social media ) + fasting + exercise + plant based diet = badass my dude

PanteriMauzer and Maurice00 like this.
  7. I'm unemployed atm, used to work in a home furnishings company but I had a breakdown so I quit the job.
    Completely agree man, the first month was absolutely miserable for me because I was like "I NEED SOCIAL CONTACT. I NEED TO HAVE A GIRL IN MY LIFE OR IT'S NOT RIGHT." but after a while I noticed that the sun still rose every morning and I started to settle down emotionally. My main fear was that I'd be stuck in this situation forever and that by the time I get out no girl would want me anymore but honestly that's just my ego talking. God doesn't owe me anything, after everything I have done I am so glad to have good meals everyday and the freedom to ride this out.
    That's a beautiful quote and I definitely believe it is true. It's the strangest thing, the more time I spend in solitude, the deeper my love for self and for other people becomes. And it may sound kind of weird but I feel this overwhelming love inside of me and I think it comes from God.
    Damn, that's very interesting. What was it like? And what happened to those friendships? Did they die off when you left the seminary? It can be difficult to accept the coming and going of friends sometimes ; I really yearn for a lifelong friendship, the kind where you don't even have to say anything to each other because you understand each other completely.
    I believe you man, I pretty much do all those except my diet is not plant based, it's more of a mix of everything (fish, beans, veggies, meat, eggs, etc.) I've heard people say they felt like they were floating on a plant based diet, effortless movement and nimbleness.

skybrowser and WOODROW like this.
  8. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Your doing well, plant based diet sucks

WOODROW likes this.
  9. nghia_haribol

nghia_haribol Fapstronaut

I forgot to add Meditation
    I totally understand, plant based diet is not for anyone

10. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

Hi Maurice! I sure wish you live here in staten island ny. We have much in common. When I graduated from seminary colleg . I had to get busy and get a job and pay off my college loan and get s place to live. Sure I kept in contact with some people. But people are inconsistent and get cranky as they get older. I cannot fathom why friends can change to erratically...I am not like that! I was deeply influenced by my family upbringing to be a good person. So I started to work for AT+T in Manhatten after college. You must be type of person that I would really like to be a constant friend!

11. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear that.. I dnt know if ive ever had a breakdown.. But I've quit 2 partime jobs by just walking out and not saying anything.. And 1 part time job i was to nervous to tell em i quit so i just walked out and changed my phone number Looking back now.. I should have done the right thing and put in my two weeks..

The quote is beautiful indeed.. So many ways you can look at it.. I believe it does come from an outer source or god if you will.. And i love how for you it grows for other people..

Love the way you think on this one.. I think the same way.. Ive done some shitting things aswell and today i live my life trying to do what i think is right no matter the outcome.. Not running away from my problems but facing them and conquering them.. No risk. No reward.

12. you say come to terms as if you cant be with people, you can, you might not need them, but they need you.

blacklabel92 likes this.