1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Some good news and progress

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by Just me, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Just me

Just me Fapstronaut

So it has been over 9 months since my last “discovery.” This Time was the hardest for me by far, and recovering from the devastation has been incredibly difficult as much as I tried to rationalize things and see improvement. I have to say though I have been really impressed with my hubby. A couple of weeks ago I asked him how he was doing, and he said he was doing well but that it made him kind of heart broken that I had to ask. The next morning he said “on the note of doing well, I ripped out a suggestive advertisement in my new car magazine and threw it in the trash the other day. I just didn’t tell you because I didn’t feel like I had anything to be proud of. I just didn’t do the wrong thing.” I told him that he should be proud of himself because not only did he defeat temptation, but was being proactive by removing the ad. He saw my point but said something to the effect of just trying to be the husband that I deserve. I told him I was proud of him and that he should share triumphs like that. He said it was empowering in the midst of temptation but felt stupid looking back that he had struggled at all. I really tried to build him up.

Last weekend his friends invited him out for another guys night and he looked up the movie and saw it was supposed to be rated for sexuality so he declined going. This was completely without me making any suggestion or questioning or anything. To be honest I figured in a theater type situation it wouldn’t matter, but he didn’t want to go for that reason. I was really impressed with his foresight.

Additionally over a month ago he told me about the hole he found in the safari restrictions we had set rather than exploiting it.
    So many steps forward and it’s so nice. I’m still recovering from the pain but I need to acknowledge things are going in the right direction.

Additionally, this week we tried both the accountable2you and ever accountable programs on a new phone for him. (The iPhone was becoming more and more restrictive as he told me more and more issues) and I have been extremely happy with accountable2you. They just offer more features. My husband says that he feels like a weight is off his chest because he has the freedom to do what he wants and he feels like even more protection.
    Just thought I’d share some good news.

2. Loveless

Loveless Fapstronaut

I'm really happy for you, Just me. And I'm glad that your SO is not only including you in his recovery process, but is making good decisions on his own because he wants to be the partner you deserve. It sounds like the two of you have worked out a very strong, loving, and encouraging path forward!

hope4healing, Kenzi and kropo82 like this.