Some things I don't get about evolution...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Brokenman123, Apr 25, 2019.

1. bken

bken Fapstronaut

As a believer it always pains me to read the atheist comments saying there's no creator - end of story.

The biggest mistake science and the evolution theory make is completely ruling out the possibility of a higher power. There are countless testimonies that clearly point in the direction of intelligence we as humans cannot perceive. Take NDEs for instance. People are all seeing the same amazing things on the brink of death, things that have even converted the most atheistic of scientists (and yes, even neurologists who know about the whole struggling brain endorphin thing).

So why as humans can't we seem to rely on the accounts of thousands upon thousands of others? Ignorance? Pride?

Fixmybrain and Roady like this.
  2. One Mic

One Mic Fapstronaut

Well damn :emoji_sweat_smile:, nobody's saying any of that. I just question your reasons for thinking evolution to be true. But I don't have everything figured out. I still don't know what created us, for starters. I just know we were. (hey, there's my positive claim!)

Since I said that, example:

While on principle, I agree with you, this whole comment is founded on bandwagon rationale. The accounts of others can be supporting evidence, but only just that. It doesn't prove that there definitely is a creator because the accounts (perspectives) of others are still, and always will be, prone to error. Consider the following.

The words you are reading right now are a code and your mind is interpreting it as a message. Because you have the key (or in other words, knowledge) of the language you're reading right now, you are capable of completely understanding what you're reading. Code contains information.

Every single code in existence has an author. Books, Morse code, instructions, etc. These all are codes and thus, all of them contain information. DNA is a code. Therefore, DNA has an author(s).

Information/Code/Software is ONLY caused by an intelligent agent and there are NO exceptions to this rule. That is, whenever we find information existing and trace it back to its source, it invariably leads to an intelligent agent (note: "intelligent agent" as in a mind) every single time.

If memory serves, DNA has around 3,000,000,000 lines of genetic code. That's ridiculously more complex than the words you're reading right now and as you're well aware, I would be classified as the intelligent agent behind the information you're reading.

If DNA is absurdly more complex than this message, that points to the existence of an incredibly superior mind. To me, at least.

bken, Brokenman123 and CH3RRY like this.
  3. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Christianity and evolution are not entirely in conflict anyway. Most Christians and atheists both don't realize that

bken and Brokenman123 like this.
  4. Coffee Candy

Coffee Candy Moderator Assistant Staff Member Moderator Assistant

5. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

I don't go around saying that "there is no God" or "God doesn't exist"... you'd probably have to be omniscient in order to know that... I honestly don't know whether or not a God exists but at the same time I don't really blame people for thinking that there is one or two or three or ten million (depending on your theology).

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  6. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

What you're saying is true but surely if God is supremely intelligent couldn't He have used a more efficient mechanism than evolution? And I read your article on the soul and it's pretty interesting... a lot of interesting points but it's ultimately just words with no actual evidence to back it up.

7. Omega.

Omega. Fapstronaut

What is the point of a perfect existence in the first place? The world is just as good without it.

Struggle is the real essence of life. Surely God wants us to put on a good show to quell the boredom of his eternal existence.

8. brilliantidiot

Yes, its not a question of what God could have done but of what He did. There is an infinite number of thongs He could have done.

Glad you found the article interesting. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by saying its just words? I mean everything is just words to a certain degree, but words do themselves have meaning.

9. Coffee Candy

Coffee Candy Moderator Assistant Staff Member Moderator Assistant

t-th-thats quite a presumption.
    hes here recovering from and fighting sexual addictions just as anyone else here is..so posting in the threads isnt his "
    entire purpose" he can do whatever he likes on the forum while hes fighting the pmo. in conclusion, hes not lost "some thing"

Brokenman123 likes this.
  10. One Mic

One Mic Fapstronaut

:emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

Couldn't help myself. :p

11. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Idk, ask God because apparently He/She/It/They have always lived a perfect existence and they promise all who believe in them a perfect existence after they die. I disagree about the world being "just as good without it"... I think the world is a pretty messed up place but to each his own.
    I used to think that a God created us for His own entertainment too but with respect to suffering, the suffering in this world is too unevenly distributed for everyone to be able to develop, learn or grow... some people experience suffering so great that it kills them and they don't learn anything and also according to some God concepts, God hates the world that we live in and wishes that we lived in a different world and only allows us a temporary existence here and an eternity of a perfect existence in heaven so it makes no sense for a God or Gods to create a world that they hate or offer us an eternal perfect existence if struggle and growth is what they created humans for.

12. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Right, He had options... lots of them so why use evolution if it's so inefficient. You do know that 99% of all species on this planet have gone extinct right? What's the purpose in using a system like evolution that allows for such inefficiency?
    I mean that there are a lot of interesting ideas but it's speculatory... the ideas sound cool but they don't offer much actual evidence to support them. How about you define what the soul is first and then we can talk about if there's evidence for it.

13. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Why did they create us?

14. brilliantidiot

Well, I don't think thats anything we can be positive about, one way or another. I would guess the system was not designed with the strict "good" (as we define it) of all species in mind, rather of one species. Basically there was no need for efficiency to be taken in to account.
    And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
    Notice that He gives us power to do as we wish with the other species.

The soul is hard to define, but I'll give it a shot. The soul is the non-physical part of a person. It is what distinguishes humans from each other, by character not by intelligence. The essence of me verse the essence of you. The soul itself could not be "located" in any single pat of the anatomy. I would say that you have a body, and you are a soul, not vice versa. Here is a short article: https://coldcasechristianity.com/wr...s-for-the-existence-of-the-soul-bible-insert/