1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Some thoughts after 240 days clean

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Hros, May 22, 2019.

1. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Hello all,
    I've spent the last week or so doing something I haven't done so much lately, which is sort of binge-reading Nofap posts. I used to do it a lot during my first 90 days, then I eased down to coming here only occasionally.
    Anyway, I've been inspired to share a few tips that've helped me, including with a huge bought of urges that I had recently:
    • Keep your eye on the prize. When I say this, I don't mean choosing a specific goal (say, 30 days, for example), but really imagining the big one: being PMO-free for the rest of your life. It's not just about counting days and just waiting to beat your record or whatever. It's about fully expecting to live a good, clean life from here on out.
    • When you have strong urges, concentrate on the fact that if you relapse, it doesn't just mean losing your streak. It means having to wait all that time all over again. We're a very impatient generation. To even try imagining waiting 30, 60, 90 days again - seems practically like eternity... So might as well not PMO, right?
    • People sometimes write about how they're spending too much time on the site, but I believe that when all else fails - it's better that you just surf these forums until your urges weaken. At least here you can help and receive help, along with concentrating on bettering yourself, unlike other, more popular sites out there.
    • Walking. Anxiety, emotional problems, anger, etc, are some major causes of both relapsing and just wandering around moody all the time. Several years ago, my doctor suggested I take walks for my mood. Only this year I started listening to her, and it turns out that simply walking is amazing! Breathe in the fresh air, let your thoughts just sink in, don't listen to anything - let it just be you there. No distractions. It's time to get to know yourself better. Granted, you need to do this several times. But after awhile, I expect you'll start feeling a bit better about yourself.
    • In terms of really changing your life while rebooting - turns out it's about taking risks. Scary ones, even. I say this as someone whose shyness has often practically paralyzed me (This goes way beyond social anxiety). When I say "risk-taking", I mean that if your brain says: "This is crazy, don't do it" - then do it.
    To conclude, I'd like to say how much I appreciate all the people here who've been so helpful and supportive, and how amazing I think it is that though we all disagree here on a lot of issues (politics, religion, etc) - when it comes to this issue, we can all agree this has to end.
    Wishing everyone the best of luck on your journey.

2. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

awesome post man, I agree completely and the only way to be is focused on the big picture. Otherwise one you can just overrule whatever the other you had in mind over and over again. With a big picture every version of myself can agree on it changes everything. When I'm mad, upset or sad and lonely, Wheter isolated or depressed all these different moods including happy and fearless can see the big picture as truth and this is ESSEnTIAL in overcoming all the temptations of this life.
    Press On brotha! MUCH LOVE

Espi1971, Kiz Whalifa and Hros like this.
  3. DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett Fapstronaut

Congratulations on now 241 days!!! Fantastic post. I agree with all that you wrote.

Are you planning to go for one year now?

4. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

says right there for the rest of life

Kiz Whalifa and Hros like this.
  5. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Exactly.

Espi1971, FX-05, Kiz Whalifa and 2 others like this.
  6. Awesome post!
    Thank you for the insight, especially regarding impatient to start over.
    I'm in day 2 now. Still long way to go, but reading on your post gave me more motivation to take it day by day.
    Keep posted man!

Espi1971, stoneyman22 and Hros like this.
  7. Berlin2019

Berlin2019 Fapstronaut

Sounds like you are on right path.
    Best of luck to yoy

stoneyman22 and Hros like this.
  8. Ra1

Ra1 Fapstronaut

Yes buddy I have realised that a clean life from now on is the ultimate thing. I am on day 48 but I will never relapse I believe.

9. oneotwo

oneotwo Fapstronaut

27 day now no pmo hard mood.
    , ast reorde was half year.

i think after 90 days i gonna stop count, even now it doesn't butter me, you need to say to yourself its over its behind me now.

Espi1971, hitnmis and Hros like this.
  10. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

That's a good quote :).

stoneyman22 likes this.
  11. Kazon

Kazon Fapstronaut

what a great explanation..i will try my best to take this advise, previously when i started noFap i always wanted to create an account for this forum but I was not familiar with the interface and i don't how to use..so i just ignore, many years gone with so many endless relapse. I finally take the courage to learn to open a account here.

So here I'm trying to give myself a final chance to correct my whole life mistake...with this explanation guidance i believe i can make it happen ! :emoji_head_bandage:

Hros and stoneyman22 like this.
  12. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

I'm in the same boat man, started an account after years of just trying to do nofap without support and it really has made a world of difference for me. I'm 3 weeks clean off PMO today and haven't reset since creating my account and getting on almost everyday. You can too!

Deleted Account, Hros and Kazon like this.
  13. Thundurus

Thundurus Fapstronaut

The risk taking part is simply priceless!
    When people fap they tend to give up on taking risks because the ultimate joy is already promised to them later on,you know I mean the habit control the brain and tricks it.
    Its like believing you are in heaven but you are in fact in hell and its an illusion.
    You either live in the now or you are living an illusion you better choose wise.
    Great post mate!

14. captainteemo

captainteemo Fapstronaut

Congrats thanks a lot for the tips I will keep them in mind.

Hros likes this.
  15. llortaton

llortaton Fapstronaut

My Journal

Thanks for this post!

I have a question, did you go 240 days on just 1 streak, or did you slowly get your way to 240 days, by working your way up the ladder?

For example, 7 days, 10 days, 20 days, 25 days .... 240 days.

Hros likes this.
  16. k0nn3ct

k0nn3ct Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thank you! For the first 90 days, when did you notice the flatline?

Hros likes this.
  17. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Well said!

18. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I got here in one streak, but bear in mind that this isn't the first time I've tried to quit PMO. This is just the first time I'm doing it through Nofap.

19. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Interestingly enough, and thankfully, I've never had a flatline. There were two different days that I was sick and on those days I felt like I was flatlining, but other than that, nothing. Sure, some days I have more urges and some less, but it's not a flatline.

20. oppason

oppason New Fapstronaut

Do you have any benefits after no PMO for more than 8 months ? Please correct me if im wrong but based on my experience no PMO led to more depressions and anxiety. What is your thought about this ? Others please feel welcome to respond as well. I need some kind of enlightenment here.