1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Someone with grey/white hairs in teenage?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Mission Impossible Quit PMO, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Hello everyone,I am trying to know that fapping for a long time,results in white head or facial hairs in teenagers.That's also called pre-mature gery hairs.Many people that do excess masterbution have their hairs grey.
    Anyone on nofap has grey/white hairs in teenage please reply and also tell how many times they were masterbutating before nofap.

2. Londoner8

Londoner8 New Fapstronaut

I do not think, because of too much masturbating you have hair gets grey.

Genetics, general health, hormone imbalance, there is it I would look at to understand why changing hair colour to grey in teen years.

3. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

I saw some reports on nofap of people recoverig their grey hair by no fapping

4. greatchinaski

greatchinaski Fapstronaut

I started fapping at 12 and my hair started greying in my early 20s. Nofap definitely halted my greying hair.

Fapping causes hormonal imbalances

Testify likes this.
  5. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

How long for have you been not fapping?

6. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

It has a lot, a lot, to do with it, do your research, general health, hormone imbalance are surely part of it picture, but....what creates that imbalance? ....EXACTLY....

Testify likes this.
  7. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

i want to give my contribution to the general discussion. I have a big health issue called pfs, post-finasteride syndrome, a syndrome that occurs if you take a hairloss drug called finasteride. i remember clearly that some day after i stopped taking that poison, i looked at my pubic hair after the shower and were turned white! This happened two years ago and now they're almost all back to normal. finasteride acts inhibiting the 5ar enzyme, which converts testosterone into dihidrotestosterone.

8. greatchinaski

I've been on the nofap journey for 4 years now, lots of relapses, but also a lot of long streaks. I have not seen the greying spread since I've started the nofap journey. I'm curious if I get to 6 months or more of nofap will the hair reverse course and go back to natural color. We'll see. This is a small thing, but it does give extra motivation to keep going with nofap

Testify likes this.
  9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

If you want to see any reversal, hear me out, research about kidneys and how to keep them as healthy as you possibly can. Nofap will stop the spreading but it's unlikely to reverse on it's own, the reason it stops the spreading has a lot to do with kidney health, more specifically adrenals health... just my two cents.

10. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

Interesting. What is the connection between hair color and kidneys/adrenals?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  11. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Hair follicules are very sensitive to the stress response, and to testosterone and it's metabolites, more specifically the key when we talk about grey hair is epinephrine and norephinephrine, a prolonged exposure or intermittent high levels of it, can damage the melanocytes in the hair follicule. Is not until that melanocyte has been replaced via apoptosis that the hair follicule will be able to produce normaly melanized hair through new melanocytes.
    This will also be leading the adrenal fatigue on the other side of the coin, as those compounds are only meant to be released during danger as part of the fight or flight response.
    There is much more to this, but they key idea is Stress response/Adrenal overstimulation = Grey Hair
    And too much adrenal stimulation leads to adrenal fatigue, and no one wants that either.
    When I say focus on adrenal health, is because you will tend to avoid the things that stimulate it or rather overstimulate it, like coffee, stressful situations, and a long etc. And that will give a break in wich the chances of apoptosis and recovering will be more likely although not only dependent on this.

Also it's why nofap stops the spreading, you are not overstimulating your adrenals with PMO like a crazy monkey, releasing adrenaline like a crazy monkey on heat.
    Everything you can think of ever said to cause grey hair, smoking, overworking, anything, have a relation with the adrenal stimulation.

So....yeah... take care of your kidneys and your adrenals people.

Testify likes this.
  12. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

Very interesting, thank you.
    What do you think is the best way to take care of the adrenals?

13. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

This is going to sound a bit silly but, chill out, try not to get yourself stressed by things in your head, and avoiding stimulants that trigger an adrenal response like caffeine.

The adrenal glands have their function, and it's needed for life, overstimulation is the issue, easy way to do it, getting stressed too often. Your body will kick in to fight or flight mode, maybe you are still "not panicking" mentally, just stressed by something, your body won't tell the difference between getting stress because you are going to miss the bus and getting stress because a tiger is going to bite your ass... it will trigger an adrenal response, obviously there are different degrees to it, but you get the point.

Testify likes this.
  14. greatchinaski

Yes, I've heard this before and I agree. It makes sense. In your research what have you read that really helps kidneys?

I've already stopped drinking alcohol. I exercise regularly. I try not to sit in one place for too long. I stay hydrated. Have you looked into any supplements? There's a traditional chinese medicine called he shou wu that has a lot of anti-aging properties.

https://www.hyperionherbs.com/blogs/news/can-he-shou-wu-really-reverse-gray-hair

15. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Funny that you mention chinese medicine as that's what I'm studying right now, and from a Chinese Medicine standpoint although it may be caused by a variety of different unbalances the key thing is the those unbalances ultimately affect the kidneys function (adrenals included as they don't separate them) and "jing", the depletion of jing shows symptoms as greying hair.
    I never heard so far about that herbal remedy, but usually are used to treat a specific organic syndrome, not a specific symptom. I would not advice taking chinese herbal remedies without consulting a qualified experienced chinese doctor.

As an interesting fact, what deplete the jing in a male the fastest is ejaculation.
    From a western viewpoint is as simple as what you just said, and avoid stress, oxalates (in excess) can also stress the kidneys and lead to kidney stones.Mind it to be moderate exercise, not extenuating exercise.
    Tobacco is also a major nono for kidney health.

From a chinese viewpoint it gets a bit more complex, because everything affects everything, and it's more a matter of checking your actual condition and bring to balance any minor imbalance that may be taking place among the different organic functions, to put it in simple terms, your liver health may affect your kidney health, your lung health may affect it, your spleen health too, and viceversa, there no such a simple direct advice without checking the specific case, apart of those that are common sense, like, avoid stress, don't smoke, don't drink, don't overexert yourself with work or exercise...

greatchinaski likes this.
  16. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

So, at the end, you're saying that no stress and NoFap will reverse greying hair, right?

17. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

There are more factors at play, but those two things are a major part of the solution, If I knew in and out how to reverse grey hair I would probably be millionaire hahahaha, as far as I know is different for each individual with common factors like the ones I mentioned.

Testify likes this.
  18. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

Ok, i just found 2, maybe 3 white hair turning black. But 1 new white hair on the beard... :-D
    What the...