1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Something’s gotta give

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by KingsFan83, Mar 26, 2018.

1. KingsFan83

KingsFan83 Fapstronaut

Greetings, Fapstronauts!
    I’m male, 35 years old in April and here for the same reason as all of you, I guess: PMO has dictated (no pun intended,) my life for far too long, and I’m desperate. I’ve been masturbating since I was a kid, before I even knew what it was, and It’s never really slowed down since. But now I’m halfway through my 30s and I find myself at a crossroads. My health has been a mess, always either fatigued or panicked-usually both, and I never have the motivation to do anything anymore. Work is a struggle, personal relationships are strained, and I’m just a mess. I know that fapping isn’t the only reason, but I feel that it’s a key element in my decline. I’m here because I’m tired of it and I want to get my life back. I look forward to this journey and I hope that rebooting will give me the kick that I desperately need.

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here. Keep coming back!

3. You can do it! With everyone's help and encouragement here, you can definitely recover.

4. Welcome. Glad you are here.

Take some time to read the reboot material and come up with a plan for what you will do when you are faced with urges. It has good advice, so don't skip it! :)

Perhaps start writing a journal - if you feel comfortable telling people about happened and what's going on now, you will start to feel accountable to them. You may even inspire others. It's a nice feeling! This will help your recovery.

Also, try to add something into your life that makes you the kind of person who doesn't engage in PMO. Think about doing:
    Something you enjoy
    Something you're good at
    Something important
    Something for somebody else, without thought of reward (and if you DO get an unintended reward, do something ELSE, perhaps for a different person or group).

Read the journals of others - we all learn from each other. For example, I received the above good advice from a far more experienced member of the community who shared his knowledge. Don't just stay within your own age group or part of the world. Share your knowledge in a respectful way. Read, learn, apply.

Look around the forums, get to know people. Everyone is friendly, and will try to support you. We're all in the same boat here. :)

Be kind to others and others will be kind to you, both here and IRL.

I wish you a successful reboot, and congratulations of 4 days clean!