1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Something I learned

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Reborn_, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Reborn_

Reborn_ Fapstronaut

In the past, I looked at my life in chapters. There was the childhood chapter, the lots of friends chapter, the spending all my time playing video games chapter, the struggle chapter, etc etc etc, and finally it ended with the chapter where everything works out and I am living my perfect life.
    Unfortunately, there are no chapters. There are seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years. Sometimes we have good days, or bad days, good years, or bad years, but as humans, we cannot have only perfect days.
    Every day we learn a few things, but we will never reach a point in time where there is no more struggle.
    Whenever I started a NoFap streak, I would tell myself I was starting a new chapter, and it sometimes worked for a few days or weeks. But when I failed, I told myself the good chapter was done.
    From now on, I am going to focus on minutes and seconds. If I am sad or depressed one minute, I will be happy the next minute. Everything I do brings me happiness in one way or another, so I will be happy whether I am watching a good movie, or studying for a boring exam.