1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Something like Netflix but it removes the hot scenes and nudity scenes

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by theoptimist, May 6, 2018.

1. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

Hello Everyone,

I heard that there is something like Netflix but has an option to watch the movie without the hot scenes or without the bad language. Does anyone knows the name of this website?

2. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

ronkumar likes this.
  3. I met one of the founders recently. I haven't used the product but they seem fine. It's the only thing that I've heard of that fulfills what you're looking for.

4. There used to be a Chrisitan thing called "Clean Films" that did that with DVDs, but I think it got shut down because they stupidly never got permission to do what they were doing. At least that's what I heard. We used to rent those from our local Christian book store.

Although, I will say, sometimes it makes things realllllly confusing. Like for example, I remember watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days on Clean Films, and there's this scene where the girl meets the guy's family and its like a really important moment, and they cut that entire scene because they were playing the card game "Bull Shit" throughout the scene. So since they kept saying that word over and over, instead of trying to bleep it out or something, they just cut out the whole scene. So the next scene was the girl talking to the guy about meeting his parents and I was like uh... when did that happen?

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2018
  5. Yeah, the studios and filmmakers weren't happy their movies were being censored.

Sony planned to release edited movies but a number of directors complained.

A statement from Guild of America:

These are hard-fought-for rights that protect a director’s work and vision, and are at the very heart of our craft and a thriving film industry. As we have throughout our history, we are committed to fighting the unauthorised editing of films.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...-protests-studio-sanitised-movies-film-makers

I wouldn't want my work to have a forced censorship if I was a director.

theoptimist likes this.
  6. Hm... idk. I don't think "forced censorship" is the right way to phrase that. Forced censorship would be telling the director they can't make the movie they want to make how they want to make it, period. This is different. They're still allowed to make the film how they want to, and someone else is allowed to edit it how they want to in the future.

I'm not sure if I agree with the legality of it, either, but I think censorship is innacurate. But as a creator, Idk if I would want my work to be altered like that either. I think they should need the permission of the creators to do that.

7. I’ve used this product and it works pretty well. The only problem whas the amount of films and shows they had available. Not very many.

theoptimist and Deleted Account like this.
  8. A book! A human being ! Dont waste time with TV. Society needs a no time waste movement too

9. A guess a book equivalent of VidAngel is someone who rips out pages from certain books.

10. You do realize that sitting around reading books is exactly as much of a "waste of time" as watching TV, right?

Live and let live, dude. You don't need to come into someone's TV-related thread to judge them and tell them they should be reading instead. I'm so sick of that. Reading fiction is no more of a productive activity than watching TV.

MLMVSS likes this.
  11. I agree with you but it could be said that it's better for your brain to read a book than to watch a movie.

12. Depends on what movie we are comparing to what book. I think the difference between watching Les Misérables and reading Twilight speaks for itself.

13. That is a bastardisation of the printing press. I meant real reading material on or off the line.

14. Why must you be an ass? Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy. There's literally no point in your being in this thread just to be rude. As a fiction author, I take particular offense to this.

15. Hello,
    Please stay on the main subject of the post, if you have a different opinion or idea other than that of the original poster, feel free to start a new thread. I believe this post was not meant to be a debate.

Regards.

Deleted Account and theoptimist like this.
  16. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

Thank you Alexander. I think it is a good tool for me

17. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot

18. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing, i guess it's better than nothing for me.

19. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

Dear Brother and Sister (Castielle and SkyWavesMaker)

Please let's calm down. I know that the rebooting takes some of our willpower and with rebooting - we start to be very sensitive and emotional (Yes, silly things can makes us very angry).

I personally thinks that both of you are right. People are different, Usually are visual, Auditory & Kinesthetic. Some people feels better with reading a novel in the free time, while other prefer to watch it as a movie. Also some people would prefer to read a fictional book rather than watching a documentary movie.

Let's focus on our common goal and support each others to reach our goals. I wish you a beautiful sober day/night :)

20. Well what you just said you agreed with is not what he said at all, it's what I said. So I'm not sure how we are "both right." But it's not important. I just don't like it when people come into a thread just to be rude for no reason at all and provide nothing contructive.

theoptimist likes this.