1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Songs (and great quotes from them) That Help Me

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by _ithinkican, Feb 6, 2015.

1. _ithinkican

_ithinkican Fapstronaut

Here are a few that come to mind...what songs help you?

"Keepin the Faith" - Billy Joel
    Quote: "Cause the good ole days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems"

"Closer to Fine" - Indigo Girls
    Quote: "The best thing you've ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously, it's only life after all"

"Man in the Mirror" - Michael Jackson
    Quote: "I'm starting with the man in the mirror / I'm asking him to change his ways / And no message could have been any clearer / If you wanna make the world a better place / Take a look at yourself and then make a change"

"Party Rockin'" - LMFAO
    (I know this song is silly and has a little sex/drinking references, but at the end of the day, its just about having fun. I've party rocked at kid's birthday parties! ;)
    Quote: "Everyday I'm shufflin'"

Future Bloomer, 88991s and wicket like this.
  2. DiningChair

DiningChair Fapstronaut

How nice you find comfort in songs, and especially the lyrics. Sometimes I don't have the patience to listen closely, to what they really mean. I mostly tend to listen to classical music, and it empowers me somehow, and then the bombastic ones.

And composition which has a meaning to me is Jupiter - The Bringer of Jolility, composed by Gustav Holst. It is very strong, and as if a victory is close by. I listened to it around the time when I came out, so it symbolises victory for me at least. If you want to listen to it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0b4STz1lo

3. michgem0707

michgem0707 Fapstronaut

I use songs to
    Strong Enough & No Turning Back.

wicket likes this.
  4. _ithinkican

_ithinkican Fapstronaut

Thanks for the replies. I will check them out. Here's another one.

"You Can't Always Get What You Want" - The Rolling Stones
    Quote: "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need."

5. wicket

wicket Fapstronaut

Song lyrics have helped me as much as hurt me. The power of media on the mind I fail to understand but know enough that certain songs can lead me to addiction rather than help me see the light. I don't feel like an adult relying on songs for guidance today though.

Man in the mirror is a resentment filled slob right now how can he point the finger at others lol?

Perhaps if I stop focusing so much on him maybe I can start to be a more functional adult.

Anyways nice idea gotta find some kind of light and hope somewhere I guess.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  6. im_done

im_done Fapstronaut

Pantera "Becoming"

"I can see you, can fuck you, inside of you, staring through your eyes"

My battle with PMO is a battle with the dysfunction of modern society and those who perpetuate its ills. This is my message to them.

7. Future Bloomer

Future Bloomer Fapstronaut

This one is not nearly as famous as the others mentioned above, but it has helped me quite a bit.

With Honor - Rethink, Return

"One last time
    And then we will make the choice to
    Change our ways

Man's greatest excuse has gotten hold of us It eats away at decisions and promises we made
    Stealing our success and taking our triumphs
    For another day"
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs05aOQpdbQ

8. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

Rocky 2 OST - Going to distance