Songs (and great quotes from them) That Help Me

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by _ithinkican, Feb 6, 2015.

1. _ithinkican

_ithinkican Fapstronaut

Here are a few that come to mind...what songs help you?

"Keepin the Faith" - Billy Joel
    Quote: "Cause the good ole days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems"

"Closer to Fine" - Indigo Girls
    Quote: "The best thing you've ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously, it's only life after all"

"Man in the Mirror" - Michael Jackson
    Quote: "I'm starting with the man in the mirror / I'm asking him to change his ways / And no message could have been any clearer / If you wanna make the world a better place / Take a look at yourself and then make a change"

"Party Rockin'" - LMFAO
    (I know this song is silly and has a little sex/drinking references, but at the end of the day, its just about having fun. I've party rocked at kid's birthday parties! ;)
    Quote: "Everyday I'm shufflin'"

2. DiningChair

DiningChair Fapstronaut

How nice you find comfort in songs, and especially the lyrics. Sometimes I don't have the patience to listen closely, to what they really mean. I mostly tend to listen to classical music, and it empowers me somehow, and then the bombastic ones.

And composition which has a meaning to me is Jupiter - The Bringer of Jolility, composed by Gustav Holst. It is very strong, and as if a victory is close by. I listened to it around the time when I came out, so it symbolises victory for me at least. If you want to listen to it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0b4STz1lo

3. michgem0707

michgem0707 Fapstronaut

I use songs to
    Strong Enough & No Turning Back.

4. _ithinkican

_ithinkican Fapstronaut

Thanks for the replies. I will check them out. Here's another one.

"You Can't Always Get What You Want" - The Rolling Stones
    Quote: "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need."