1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

SO's Self Esteem

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Meshuga, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Les_Brown

Les_Brown Fapstronaut

It appears as if she is not receptive to your verbal affirmation of her beauty. Rather than resorting to compliments, exclusively, you may take physical measures. If she has stiff ankles and does not feel attractive, you may illustrate how much she means to you by giving her a massage. Ask her for advice on something. Make her feel like you crave her. Cuddle with her for 30 minutes daily. As some folks have mentioned, FANOS is an excellent practice (it can be accompanied by cuddling). I would also recommend that you try Karezza sex.

When she points out someone else who she believes is pretty, stop whatever you're doing, kiss her, look into her eyes, and tell her that she is the only woman who could ever satisfy you. Tell her you wouldn't give her up for any other physique. You are correct in the sense that you cannot change how she ultimately perceives her body image. However, you can certainly influence her. Is her father still alive? If so, you and her may speak with him regarding how she feels. This may alleviate retrospective thought patterns that manifested into present-day insecurities.

Hotshot and MsPants like this.
  2. Raindyn

Raindyn New Fapstronaut

I second this approach, And add: keep putting your hands on her too. I don't mean sexually, I mean, count the little moles on her neck and tell her you love each one. Play with her earlobes and tell her how cute they are. Squeeze her a little and tell her how adorable she is when she's brushing her teeth. Maybe you won't even get her to ever really feel attractive, but she'll feel valuable to you, and that's usually what we really want out of feeling attractive. And even if she dismisses them.... They mean something to her. Just smile and keep doing it.

Meshuga likes this.