1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Soul-Full Relationship Is More Than Skin Deep

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by RightEffort, Dec 12, 2019.

1. When I see someone I am super attracted to I used to think something good is happening... Now I see it as a red flag.

It is just as dangerous as getting drunk, angry or upset.

My judgment is now questionable. I am no longer connect to my Soul's wisdom.

This means the physical attraction is activating my Karma.

If I become hypnotized it, I am in for a ride of suffering.

This means when I feel a strong attraction towards someone is time to PAUSE, CONNECT and GET grounded to GOD in meditation a proceed slowly!.

Just as any action coming from anger creates more suffering. Any action (or commitment) coming from a selfish desire for my needs to be met results in deep suffering.

Materialistically focused person (that includes most us and myself included ) become so excited in the presence of beautiful opposite sex.

It puts us into sheep-like hypnosis. Like a cow being pulled to the slaughterhouse.

We get ourselves entangled to relationships that we would have not gotten into.

If we were aware of the peace of the Presence of God and would be able to make a choice from our soul rather than from our habits and karma, we would avoid them like plague.

So what I'm learning to do instead, is that when I feel physical attraction towards someone, not be afraid and not push towards, just BE Present with equanimity.

(Easier said than lived. I only HOPE that one day I can live the things I am sharing here)

Then connect to the Bliss of the self - in meditation, prayer and remain equanimous…

This especially means avoid getting physical and ESPECIALLY not having sexual exchange unless it is totally clear that the attraction is not just physical.

But it is sharing of joy with another being from a selfless space of sharing the love that one feels.

Because once the physical touch is involved, or sexual energy exchanged is involved, it is almost impossible for the Soul guided wisdom to direct the choices - After the sex, the mind becomes so happy with the newfound level of 'happy chemicals' in the brain which could give a *** less about the Soul wants or what God even IS…

But given the relationship is more than skin deep - one can continue relating in a sattvic (God-centered) way and if there is a strong karmic reason for the relationship to take form and go deeper it will be found upon deeper wisdom and (hopefully) love.

In that way, the relationship becomes a more direct way to awakening for both.

Lastly, it is up to the most conscious person in the relationship to take ownership of where things are heading. And to create the space for the most authentic form of relating.

And avoiding misery causing entanglements with the 'wrong' person.

Deleted Account likes this.