1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Staring

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by WavesareComing, May 7, 2021.

1. WavesareComing

WavesareComing New Fapstronaut

Ever since I started this I can stop looking at people's bodies, my brain almost does it automatically. Does anyone have any tips to cope with this?

2. Nucleus

Nucleus Fapstronaut

I have this.

I have tried two approaches: the first is catching myself in the act and looking away. At the same time, when I sit on a train, I might deliberately tell myself to keep my eyes away from flesh. It is probably a worthy exercise and the longer you keep it going, the more faith you get in yourself that you are not a slave to your sex addiction.

I prefer the second: a kind of meditative awareness. This is much harder to explain but I will try. So I might be sitting on the train and a young pretty girl in a summer dress is sitting right opposite. I catch my addicted eyes scanning her every curve and my mind running its addiction program. When I catch myself I focus on the feelings that are inside me. The feelings are behind the thoughts. The thoughts don't really matter. I'm interested in the feelings that drive the thoughts. I often find a kind of desperate grasping sensation and a tightness in my chest. I place my attention there and just allow the feeling. Eventually the feeling goes away but don't try to make it go away by force. What you resist, persists.

And that seems to help. Both techniques in fact but recently it is the second that has provided me with a sense of freedom.

WavesareComing and Watanabe like this.