1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Start getting up earlier. (And a poll, what time do you get up?)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by DerSchütze, Aug 24, 2019.

What time do you get up?

1. 3-4 AM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4-5 AM

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. 5-6 AM

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 6-7 AM

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  5. 8-10 AM

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. 10-11 AM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 12-2 PM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 2-4 PM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

If you feel like you get up too late, start getting up earlier TOMORROW! You may feel like ass for a day, but you will soon adjust, and will love the change. Getting up earlier feels great and you get more done.
    I've been getting up at 7:00 am for the past few weeks, and while it may not be extreme, it's a hell of a lot better than getting up at 9 or 10. I feel like my days are longer and more productive.
    Don't do some stupid challenge or whatever for this, this needs to be a lifestyle change, and for me it was a huge one. Also, you must always keep the routine to the best of your ability, no sleeping in on the weekends or over vacations.

mr.incognito likes this.
  2. helpinghand4all

helpinghand4all Fapstronaut

I used to get up at 4 or 5 but now due to my schedule I have to wake up late and I now wake up around 6.

Enwar likes this.
  3. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

True statement! I am usually getting up at 5:45-6:00 and it feels great, even if I didn't sleep well that night. When it's quiet outside and around you, you get a lot more done and the air is much better and more crisp in the early morning hours as well.
    Getting up too late (usually) leads to oversleeping, then snoozing, then struggling to get up, and then there is no motivation to getting anything productive done within the next hour.
    I have noticed that the people who usually get up late seem quite lazy overall, have plenty of bad habits and find multiple excuses as to why they don't can or want't to get up earlier (blaming their genes and circumstances are common ones), changing their current habits or getting anything productive done during the day.