Starting a group mid20-mid30 yr olds, daily check-ins for motivated/active/studying/working men

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by hrmn51230, Dec 1, 2018.

1. hrmn51230

hrmn51230 Fapstronaut

Friendly reminder to stay consistent and focused. I just fell into a bad habit just now and after seeing the type of content I thought I'd like, I was so turned off with it and with myself that I stopped. PM is just as unhealthy as PMO. Stay strong.

Virchewes likes this.
  2. Virchewes

Virchewes Fapstronaut

My friend, good for you - stay strong!
    I'd like to join the group. Telegram installed. It may sound silly, but I can't find the DM button to send you my telegram info...

hrmn51230 likes this.
  3. icantbelieveit

icantbelieveit Fapstronaut

4. Arthur Bramble

Arthur Bramble Fapstronaut

I'd be happy to join. 25 yo from the UK. Longest streak about a month. I feel like I need some people to be accountable too. Doesn't help I'm currently looking for a job.

hrmn51230 likes this.
  5. Fez0900

Fez0900 New Fapstronaut

Hey! Please count me in.

hrmn51230 likes this.
  6. Princetonian

Princetonian New Fapstronaut

Please count me in!

hrmn51230 likes this.
  7. hrmn51230

hrmn51230 Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to send a quick update. I just began finals period and haven't spent much time on this site or connecting with the team, but I just want to let everyone know that the plan is still on for the accountability club. As soon as finals are over I'll check back in and get the TELEGRAM group chat started. Until then, anyone feeling an urge coming on, remember how you've beat them in the past. Make a list if you have to. Might go something like:

1. push ups to fail
    2. call a family member (PMO after convo with grandma is almost impossible)
    3. cold shower, or shower regardless
    4. leave house
    5. download the self control app or install k9 web protection (contact me to use my email address if you're worried you'll disable it yourself)
    6. visit this website and start chatting with someone

We got this. Be hard on yourself and stay strong.

killa245 likes this.
  8. weekbyweek

weekbyweek Fapstronaut

how do i join?

hrmn51230 likes this.
  9. hrmn51230

hrmn51230 Fapstronaut

just did

10. hrmn51230

hrmn51230 Fapstronaut

Hey all, Ive been on hiatus because of finals, and only have one more week to go. The plan is still on, its just taking a little longer than I thought. Someone just pointed out that there's a way to get anyones information through telegram, and because most of us agree that anonymity is crucial, we should use kik. What does everyone think?

Also, friendly reminder that PMing is just as detrimental to our goals as PMOing. I had a particularly rough day and decided to transition into sleep by PMing. I know. Terrible. What I thought would be a short decompression lasted almost the entire night. I ended it when I started coming upon questionable content and now Im writing this. Anyone have any tips on how to beat urges late at night when a run, shower, pushups, etc. are impractical?

11. hrmn51230

hrmn51230 Fapstronaut

Nice. Download kik and send me your contact info so I can add you to the list. Welcome aboard. Whats your current streak?

12. hrmn51230

hrmn51230 Fapstronaut

Heard telegram is bad for anonymity. Would kik work for you? If so, post your name here or click on my username and hit "start a conversation" and send it to me that way.

13. DBABY THE BEAST

DBABY THE BEAST New Fapstronaut

COUNT ME IN ASWELL!

One of the biggest helps iv ever found was this Audio from BASKETBALLBRAIN
    It's about the POWER of saying NO to self doubts and negative self believes. It has been the #1 way of stopping relapsing in the past. You say NO to the thought of PMO before it can even form in your head. Try it out with any negative though or self doubt. The thought gets blown to pieces! BYE BYE FAP LIFE. ( I can send the link if any one wants it)

It's Time for all of us to become LIVING LEGENDS!

DBABY THE BEAST

lolman123 and hrmn51230 like this.
  14. Never Again ‘89

Never Again ‘89 Fapstronaut

Is it too late to join? 29 year old male, husband/father, working/studying, east coast. Would love the support.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    hrmn51230 likes this.
  15. hrmn51230

hrmn51230 Fapstronaut

Hey, that sounds perfect. Ill look it up. Thanks

16. Stone age

Stone age New Fapstronaut

Hi all I would like to join

hrmn51230 likes this.
  17. Newpath1

Newpath1 Fapstronaut

Hey is there still any room left here? I'm super committed to this and can check in daily with you guys and help with your struggles. I'm a 27 y o man from Sweden and I've been trying to quit for a few years on and off. I now have a 7 streak and I really want to keep it going. My biggest struggle is loneliness. Please write back if I can join/ Marcus

hrmn51230 likes this.
  18. hrmn51230

hrmn51230 Fapstronaut

We have more than enough room for one more. Download the kik app and send me your username. Once my finals are over I'll send out a group text through kik and we can get started on keeping each other accountable

19. hrmn51230

hrmn51230 Fapstronaut

Awesome. Download the kik app and send me your username. Once my finals are over Ill send out a group text through kik and we can get started on keeping each other accountable. And as an extra incentive to stay committed, lets say theres a minimum 10 day no P, no PM, no PMO joining requirement!

20. ameliorate1

ameliorate1 Fapstronaut

Count me in please. I am addicted and need support

hrmn51230 likes this.