1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting again

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. SimonL66

SimonL66 Fapstronaut

I am attempting to give up PM again. Last summer I managed a 60 day streak, then this Spring a 27 day streak, but each time the temptation became overwhelming and I relapsed. So here we are, starting again. I found a old post of mine trying to help someone else start back in May 18, so as of today I will start following my own advice.

"1. Commit to reporting to this forum on your progress so that you are accountable to people here
    2. Remove temptations - images, internet access on your own - what ever it is that triggers the initial thoughts. You need to be ruthless if you want to succeed
    3. Celebrate small successes. If you can't manage a week, set yourself a target of 2 days and celebrate acheiving it.
    4. Fill your time with stuff that prevents you drifting into PMO - a simple example that worked for me - committing to read (paper, kindle etc) every night before bed rather than switching the computer on again. Other people on these forums talk about committing to do more exercise or joining a volunteer group. Anything to get you away from the PMO temptation.
    5. Lastly , focus on the outcome . There are many posts here about the benefits of NoFap. I have just had a great week of clear thinking, high energy and focus, thanks to the "no PMO bounce". There are more . Read up about them, imagine how good they would be for you and really want them.
    Hope that's food for thought. And good luck."

So actions today, wrt above:
    #1 : Here I am
    #2 : Deleted some images on my laptop that I know are a trigger. Changed my Internet content filter password so an non memorable sequence of characters so that I cannot turn it off and on regularly as I have been doing lately.
    #3 : Celebrating today a streak of 5 days. Next celebration 10, then 15 and so on..
    #4 : Committing to go to bed and read at a standard time each night
    #5 : Emailing the benefits of NoFap again to myself

I think I would add two to the above list:
    6. Share your commitment with someone close to you - in my case my partner/wife.
    7. Pray for spiritual encouragement

Good luck, courage and strength to all

2. Lancelot Striving47

Lancelot Striving47 Fapstronaut

Loved the list and am going to do many on your list myself! Hope you are still fighting? Keep strong! I think it is amazing that you have the courage to be so honest with your wife! You are undoubtedly on a road to victory! I will pray for you and would ask the same of you for me.
    Godspeed,
    Lancelot

3. Sefz33

Sefz33 Fapstronaut

Nice strategy. And 60 days is a massive achievement. Keep it up! and many prayers.

Lancelot Striving47 likes this.
  4. Intelli Gent

Intelli Gent Fapstronaut

I like that. I too opened up to my wife. It helped me to heal. Also when I can help it, I remove my phone from my room at work. Sometimes it works.
    Just gotta find a way to meditate on the good things.