1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting out

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Hros, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Hi!

I'm a 22 year old religious Israeli, studying in a Yeshiva (religious college). I've been addicted since age 14. All my life, I've known that PMOing is bad; it's against our religious law. But once I discovered all the bad things the internet has to offer, I couldn't stop. Our computers at home have advanced filters, but I've always been able to find ways to bypass them. In my teens, I used to PMO a couple of times a week. When I started Yeshiva, I managed to digress to PMOing once or twice on the weekend we came home, which was once every third weekend. During my second year I was dealing with many issues and hardships, and would MO in the dormitory about once a week, plus PMO whenever I was home, as a way to deal with the stress (which I eventually realized wasn't helping at all but making it worse). Third year I toughened up and got back to only PMOing when I went home.
    Things changed when I was drafted into required military service. I started out as a combat fighter, but both basic and advanced training were super stressful. I would PMO almost the instant I got home, every 12 days (never PMOed in the army, only at home). It got to a point that I was afraid that if I wouldn't PMO at home, I wouldn't be able to survive the next couple of weeks of training.
    After advanced training I was reassigned to a non-combat unit, and things got worse. I was in a very tough place, emotionally-speaking, I now had a different commander who was very tough on me. Add to that, I would come home every thursday and would PMO 2-4 times during the weekend.
    This left me incredibly drained at the start of every week, which usually led to another bad week.
    About a month before the end of my service, I was reassigned to another non-combat unit and would come home every day. Emotionally- I was in a much better place, and was getting ready to go back to my Yeshiva at the end of the service, but I was way too addicted at this point to be able to stop PMOing. Probably did it almost every day.

About 45 days ago, I thought: enough is enough. I've tried quitting many times in my life, especially the last 4 years, without much luck. I've read several books and articles on the matter, I understand completely what's bad about PMOing, but I realized that I never managed to internalize it enough.
    During the last few months of service some of my friends started getting married, as did my brother, and I realized that even if I were to get married without overcoming this problem - and the chances are slim - then I'd have a very tough relationship with my wife.
    I've also come to realize that many hardships that I've experienced in my life - inability to internalize and fully understand certain religious studies, certain aspects of my social anxiety, lack of energy, depression, mood swings, creative blockage - may very well be rooted in my PMOing.

So, 45 days ago I started out, using a 90 days program made by a different website, but whenever I went home, I started PM Edging, wrongfully thinking it didn't count as Relapsing. I have found that I have less of a need to reach an orgasm, but still can't control urges to PM.
    So after doing some more reading, I found this site, which seems promising, and have started out again, this time with Hard mode. Hope it'll go better this time.

Deleted Account and Contentful T like this.
  2. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

Welcome! Best wishes.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut