1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting strong

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by stoneyman22, May 7, 2019.

1. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

I've seen myself reset so many times and I've come to this site more than a few times over the years reading all the info outside the forums about noFap. Until finally about 4 days ago I started an account because I kept relapsing or resetting and forgetting the whole thing in favor of google searching about the "benefits of M". Since starting an account I haven't reset once and I'm on my way to the 30-day mark feeling half-confident and half-nervous. I know I'm doing right and my life seems to improve drastically everytime I'm able to cut out PMO for atleast a few days.

I really have taken the plunge this time instead of just doing it on my own I'm involved here now and trying to help other people and myself. This website is great and so far all the people I've come in contact with have seriously helped me to realize my goal can be a reality. THANK-YOU everyone and wish me luck!

2. HecTormoku

HecTormoku Fapstronaut

I'm not just wishing you luck. I wish you the strength to overcome this once and for all. There are far more downsides than benefits when it comes to PMO. Even M alone won't help you that much. Try semen retention, is one of the most powerful practices a man can do. Of course, every individual process is different but it always help to be well informed about this addiction we all want to overcome.
    I send you a hug for your decision :)

stoneyman22 likes this.
  3. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

I agree M alone is very much a problem for me as much as P & O have been. I've tried the retention thing and it always led me to feeling more like I need to O afterwards even if I managed not to then the next thing I know I'm back to M again with or without the O I think M alone can have a similar effect of creating an addiction though I admit with the retention the energy remains. Seemingly even amplified energy when able to control the M enough not to O. This is far beyond what I've decided I can handle though as the temptation only seems to build..
    I wish great success and strength to you all.
    Thank-you for the input!

4. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

And read the book ‘Starting Strength’, too!

stoneyman22 likes this.