1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Staying home sick and dealing with urges.

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Gasdreamer, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Gasdreamer

Gasdreamer Fapstronaut

So I was diagnosed with a bad sinus infection and told to stay home and rest. This is a problem, since one of the best ways to deal with urges is to fill the day with activity.

Also, I have been told to take hot showers. Which is also counter to a good technique to deal with urges: cold showers.

I am between a rock and a hard place. I am really close to fapping but want to get my illness better. Writing this had helped. Any words of encouragement are welcome.

DesertExplorer and Boanerges777 like this.
  2. Jae98

Jae98 Fapstronaut

Bro im telling you its not worth it, i always refer myself to a quote. “Dont burn future great oppurtunites for temporary comfort” you will feel like trash if you relapse trust me

lceres6 and DesertExplorer like this.
  3. Stand strong. Let your body heal. I am sure you have numerous other fun and engaging activities to get on with. Get creative!

DesertExplorer likes this.
  4. Boanerges777

Boanerges777 Fapstronaut

Screw the sickness. Take some medicine and go do something

5. DesertExplorer

DesertExplorer Fapstronaut

Hey, man! Hang in there. I don't know how strong this illness is, but you need to be very aware of your intentions every single second. Observe yourself in case, you are gradually led to fapping.

On the practical side, eliminate any access to Internet for as long as this illness stands. Get a book to read and some markers to paint to stay engaged.

I haven't been seriously sick for years, so I haven't experienced this challenge before. So, if you really make it till the end without relapsing, I'd like to shake your hand... Don't worry I haven't masturbated for 20-something days. lol

But seriously, you are being tested very harshly right now. But I can't see it but a gift if you make it. It's going to be a walk in the park if you get through it afterwards. Remember that it's good that you have made this post; that means you are aware of some premature intention to relapse. And this is the only way you will be able to avoid it. It's good that you're afraid...

Stay strong and update us, brother (after you get well; no access to internet, remember?).

Captain! likes this.