1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Still miss her after 9 years! :-(

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by xSolidSnake86, Mar 17, 2016.

1. xSolidSnake86

xSolidSnake86 Fapstronaut

Where to begin? This might be a very long post, idk, but here it goes.

I'm 29. Extreme pmo addict since 10. But a confident alpha badass through my teens, I was good looking, buff (without even lifting much) etc. I was a flirty ass mofo chatting up every female in sight just for harmless banter (it was my "thing").

At 19 met the love of my life in community college. She was perfect. She "dug" me and my personality. She was tall, mega hot, she didn't even wear makeup, her natural scent there are no words to describe. She had the personality that is one in a trillion. Fun and exciting to listen to. We'd talk for average of 8 hours every night.

I was insecure with her though. Because I know she's had a bunch of boyfriends, and god she has countless guy friends all over the country included. She'd always be out of town hanging out with them etc. Plus she was already seeing someone for a year before she met me, we flirted alot and went to the pics holding hands. She later dumped him to be free for me. So these were all the things that fed my insecurity of losing her to begin with.

A week into our relationship we were out with mutual friends on a road trip. Things were great. But her ex bf kept calling her by the minute. She answered him every time and spoke to him harshly in front of me, but always kept answering him. Instead of just rejecting or silencing her phone, she just kept answering him.

This made me upset. I never did or said anything about it, I just stayed quiet and distant with her for the rest of the day (it's the only way I knew how to deal with my resentful feeling towards her without risking an argument by calling her out on it). Later on the coach, she sat behind me with her girl friend, and was talking about some OTHER ex of hers in a very positive light, her first love etc. So she's shown no respect or courtesy for my feelings this day. Fast forward that night, we slept in separate beds in the same hotel room that night, and it's like 2 or 3 am, and she's on the phone with some guy friend saying how she regrets coming to the road trip (because of my silent distant behaviour no doubt).

Anyway we patched things up. But needless to say, my insecurity + subconscious resentfulness over her were at it's highest. Because, what reasons did I have to NOT feel that way? So as the relationship went on, I became controlling, she wasn't allowed to hangout or chat with guys on her phone. She obliged gladly though. Yet, throughout the relationship she always threw it in my face ("I've done a lot for you. I miss my friends" etc).

Few months in, I sent her some nasty texts about meeting up with guys behind my back as we hadn't saw or spoke to each other for a few weeks, because I had some vivid dreams of her doing so (even though she's innocent I know). Anyway that was my second time being an asshole.

Throughout our relationship she dumped me like 20 times, mostly for no good reason, just some lame excuse. One time, she dumped me for talking to her aunty, who SHE brought over to introduce me to. We spoke for about 20 mins, making small talk, infront of her. Anyway she dumped me the next day saying that I made her second priority to her aunt.

Another time she dumped me for tapping her gently on the butt in a spanking fashion infront of a few mutual friends. Her reason was because I had "no respect" for her self respect. Yet these were the same people who in front she had her tongue buried down my throat some months earlier. Just ironic that her "self respect" didn't mean much then. Double standards or what?

Another time she dumped me because I was defending myself by saying "I'm not afraid of your dad", after she was threatening me it seemed with her father for 3 minutes on the phone in a general but serious conversation. Her reason was that I showed her pure disrespect. We got back together, but a few months later, I blatantly jokingly said that she should be afraid of my mother. She responded disrespectedly "I ain't afraid of your mother". Again, double standards or what?

Anyway, I became even more resentful over her and started texting some random girl whos number a friend gave me. It turns out she found out about it as her and that girl have mutual friends. I denied it. She dumped me. The next day I find out that a "random" guy has came to her house with his family for her hand in marriage. She accepted it. I found out, intervened, we got back together, she refused his proposal. She told me it was a "random" guy. 6 months later however it spilled from her that it was her ex (the guy she dumped to hook up with me). My point is, she lied!

I lied to her that I was having surgery about an injury I've had, because I had other personal family matters to attend to. After a few days of no contact she found out that I lied despite denying it. This was the last time she dumped me in 2007.

Note that I've been pmoing throughout the relationship as it was a sexless one, despite having one failed attempt together (pied, but I didnt know it then).

It was a toxic relationship, at the same time though it was a very deep beautiful one, we both madly loved eachother. Never ran out of things to talk about. However, there would be weeks where we were tight and unbreakable, and weeks of being nasty to one another. Especially her though, she always used to verbally slash me up calling me names etc trying to destroy me emotionally as she said that it pleasures her hurting me. I never used to be nasty to her the way she'd be nasty to me. I'd always apologize if I stepped on an egg shell, but she never once apologized to me in the relationship. Her harmful words vividly run in my head alot to this day. She really damaged me emotionally.

Anyway I took the break up VERY bad. It crippled me. Took up alcoholism, smoking, weed, cocaine, and got deeper into pmo as I had newly got high speed internet then. She only knew about the alcohol. She said if I quit drinking she'd take me back. I did quit for several months, but she didn't take me back. She was busy looking for another guy to get married to, and kept me on a string as safety net incase she found no open doors. So I got back to drinking and my other substances.

Fast forward to late 08, found out she's getting married. Tried to intervene, but she wasn't having it. Told me she loves me. Next day we met up, she acted like she never said "I love you" the previous night. It was obvious that she was head over heels about this new guy who she's just met 2 weeks prior (mutual friend told me).

After that, I cut all contact with her, she's hasn't heard or seen me since. She tried contacting me on Facebook in late 09 (I still wonder why), but I rejected. Because what was the point? She was married. My world was shattered, she killed me! I've been majorly depressed since over her and because of pmo, weed, cigarettes and spending all of my money.

Over the years I've heard that she's made it, living the dream happily ever after. Wealth, health, children etc. Doubt she's thought of me once since 09, why would she? She has the world, it's hers, I have nothing. All I had was pmo after her, and before I met her.

I was left alone by my family since I was 5, my older sisters got all the attention till this day. My dad died in 98. My mother's lovely, but she's never ever been there for me in my life, NO ONE has. So all I had growing up was gaming/entertainment and pmo. Till I met her.

She was all I ever loved and cared about, she was my world. But I guess I wasn't hers. Her words and actions during and after our relationship proves that. I guess she "thought" that she loved me, but never did. I know for sure too, because while we were together she had asked her granny "what's love" as she doubts she feels it for me, but only thinks she does as I just happened to be there in her life when she needed someone when she met me (despite already being in a relationship. Guess she saw something in me that he didn't have, which is why she gravitated towards me)

To this day. She's never aknowledged, let alone apologized, let alone took responsibility for her mistreatment of me, her double standard behaviour with me, and her harmful verbal abuse to me that made me contemplate suicide several times. She made me the bad guy. While she played the innocent victim who "fell for the wrong guy"! That's what all those around us saw and beleive to this day! Man she even made me beleive it, I still do sometimes tbh like really was it me? Was I the scum? Did I only wrong her, not vice-versa? I never got my closure at the end! She got hers, when she told me she's getting married. She verbally abused me again when I asked for her back, and praised this guy! God what a loser I am. Can't even get over a girl after almost a fucking decade. But I can't help it! I loved her! Still do!

So since 07, I've been in a pmo + weed + gaming/internet coma. Quit my job in 09. Quit alcohol and cocaine in 09 too. Quit cigarettes in late 2014. Just quit weed in late 2015. But this pmo seems unbeatable to me. I have severe pied. But I feel I can't stop. Pmo was my escape mechanism.

Doesn't help that she has a giant family of 100s in my small town. Feel like I'm being watched, judged and analized with every minor movement. Since 07, especially since late 08, my confidence and social skills are gone, totally none existent, my old teen self seems like someone else. I'm in bad shape, skinny-fat, lost 40lbs since then all muscle mass. Oh and yeah I have very bad anxiety since childhood before I discovered pmo. Pmo no doubt has compounded it greatly.

I have student loan debts, which I flunked out of uni because of my depression over her in 09. Still have to pay for it. I have some missing teeth. Oh and to top it all off, I have bad congenital penile curvature since childhood, but it's gotten worse over the years I think. It's really been getting to me since I've been trying to do nofap since November. How can I have sex with a girl even if by some miracle my pied clears up?

I'm just so lost. I have no job skills. Job hunting sucks. All jobs I see are crap, underpaid + overworked types. Idk wtf man. Sometimes I just wish that it would all end ya know!

Anyway sorry for the terribly long ass post. I don't expect any replies, I'm just posting because I have no one to talk to other than the walls around me, or with my own overthinking thoughts in my head. I just had to let all of this off my chest after a decade of keeping it to myself! Peace.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    JoeA, deadrole7, seth and 3 others like this.
  2. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

Man, I feel so sorry for your loss and life. Trust me I read your post three times. As a man, I feel your pain bro. It is sure that you are more mature and experienced than you were 5 years back. Your life taught you so much that is what I like in a person. You'll not be person like her to hurt someone else because you know how it feels when being hurt; this the point of utmost wisdom someone can have in their entire life. As she leads happier life she wouldn't know ever how it feels to listen bad words, being abused by someone and being cheated. You are far ahead in this context from her. Life goes on and everything too, we need to adjust us with each second with lessons that we learned from painful past. My suggestion would be leave your current city to somewhere new where you do not know a single person. Live a austere life and if love something to do like computer programming or any IT related job, gradually develop them, eventually you will manage a job. Good luck.

Yonan likes this.
  3. xSolidSnake86

Thanks for your time reading my post, and for your thoughtful words and advice. I really appreciate it.

It's been rough all these years without her. Substance abuse and pmo (especially pmo) never allowed me to get over her and move on. I let the pain consume my existence. I let it break me, because I was so dead inside and lost that I didn't know what else to do with myself in life, as I didn't like or care about anything anymore, I was dead. I just wanted to self destruct.

She always used to just love taking unnecessary digs at me for no reason. Even when things were supposedly perfect with us. As the relationship went on, I was losing who I am as a person I couldn't be myself (a fun loving laughy jokey kinda dude), because I always had to watch what I say and do incase I get dumped. She always kept that threat of dumping me hanging over my head.

Every time she verbally cut me, and dumped me, it took away some of my soul/heart/self-worth. But despite all that, I still loved her and never wanted to be without her. As her few good points, totally out weighed all of her bad points. But it was the other way round for her. And what's funny is, despite that she destroyed me, got married and has children, I'd still take her back. My love for her was true, hers wasn't (though I know she'd claim otherwise, putting all the blame on me).

I once had a lot of love inside me to give to someone special and to others, but after her I lost what was inside me, I became hollow. I need to rebuild in myself what was vaporized. It will take time, hard work, consistency, perseverance, high and lows, brightness and darkness, rewards or not, inorder to be whole again. Glad I found nofap and ybop 3 months ago, wish I found out 5 years ago, but better late than never right?

And I'd love to do something in IT. It pays well, but I can't tbh. Because you need high qualifications here in the UK (like a degree and/or above) in an IT field to get IT jobs. And that would take years and tonnes more student loan debts, and I can't afford anymore, plus I can't afford losing more years, I'm not getting younger. If I was still in my early 20s yeah for sure, but not now, seems too late for that.

Also, I love more than anything to be out of this city. I hate it here. But I have no money, or job skills, or a job right now for that matter. I have a goal in mind, that if/when I get a decent job that can last me a few years, I'll save up as much as possible for a few years while I'm still living here at home, so then whichever city I choose to move to I can lay down a deposit for a reasonable house. Because I don't want to rent, like I mean why make some landlord rich for something that will never be mine when I can just save that money for a future house deposit ya know?

I have a long hard road ahead of me, but hopefully it will be worth it in the long run.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  4. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

Okay, I got your point. I think I should reveal a bit about myself.

I was addicted to PMO for atleast 15 years, before my addiction I was abused by some men in my village regularly. I was 12/13 years old at that time. More shocking is I was abused by one of my family members too. Then I tried it by myself,unfortunately I found many P images in that family member's room so my experiment on myslef got new dimensions. Yes! It is fun and gives me lots of pleasure. I was not PMO so heavily at teens time but when I turned 20 i have high speed internet line and excessive PMO started. I wanted to take Computer Science as major but I couldn't because of my fame of obedient to family; though they are not to blame. I enrolled subject related to biology with higher chances of having a decent salary but it has been 3 years since I finished that under-gradation but still unemployed. I enrolled myself in a graduate course but did not finish yet because of financial constraints though I would only need to two subjects to finish the whole degree.
    A girl from my class really liked me, she wanted to keep in touch always at my university days, she tried to convince me to marry her but I refused to marry her because I know she has relationship with her cousin. That time her boyfriend was living in a another developed country so I thought she is using me as substitute of her boyfriend and I did not want to destroy their relationship indeed. My logic was she deserve a better guy like her boyfriend; I am nothing compared to her boyfriend. Then they married each other and she left with her boyfriend to that country. It is true that I still miss her but I am always in a confusion; Is she really liked me?loved me? or just used me as she is having a long distance relationship when she felt bored or talk to someone or need to someone to hangout? She still keep contact with me but whenever she needs to know something or needs something to be done she calls me , otherwise not.

Last year, I realized I am having a problem with my PMO habit and fortunately found this website, I relapsed two times but as my counter says now I feel good. I am 26 now and I always loved Computer Science. I have no student debt but my family paid behind my study. I found a new subject where I can make bridge between biology and computer science but no single university in my home country runs a course about it. I am determined to learn about Bioinformatics and make career in that field. I just can't stop loving this subject; I do not care my age, having no GF or unemployment status. One thing I strongly believe is follow your passion money will follow you.

As I am unemployed now so I have much time to spend; I have been doing Online courses from coursera.org and edg.org for free. So far I did 110 courses mainly focused about computer science, biology, and Data Science. Now I am trying to have a admission offer with little funding so that I don't have to pay tuition fees. I would suggest you to enroll a course that you are interested to know more; they offer certificates of completion completely free. Remeber: It is never too late to start something new. Most brilliant computer programmers do not have formal degrees in that field but they income millions in a year. At google 7-10% employees do not have formal computer science education; they are chosen from different programming contest.

The PMO embedded many things into my life, social anxiety, make me really skinny, looked a little over aged, suicidal thoughts, memory loss problem and making me stressed about a tiny things. But things are getting better slowly since I stop PMO.

And I am determined to overcome most of them

5. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

Extra long posts!

My recipe: date and marry a girl you love, but not a social butterfly that has millions of male friends. Not a girl that is rock & roll.
    You need to find the hidden gem, not the roller-coster type girl. Not a girl that verbally abuse others either...

My first wife loved sex, was game for a lot of things, etc. She knew a lot of people, had many boyfriends, was working out and modelling a little bit on the amateur side. She would speak her mind to men no problem and telling them to F off no problem. She even started to strip in clubs for more money. But what I had was NOT what I was dreaming about in a relationship.

That was a poisonous relationship.

I wanted exclusivity, no stress of losing her to the first guy....

I told her to pound salt and divorced.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Clerk373, xSolidSnake86 and Toni S. like this.
  6. UpendiT

UpendiT Fapstronaut

You're addicted to her. She is bad for you and never would have made you happy in the long-term. Ending PMO and other addictions is the only way to get out of this cycle of negative thought and wishing for what could have been.

xSolidSnake86 likes this.
  7. dragonaire

dragonaire Fapstronaut

Curious case...

Read the article im gonna send u through PM...

8. Sounds like a psychopath, I dated one but my brother got me to understand that adapt.

They twist your brain and makes you feel shit.

Get over her.

9. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Oh my gawd...Like FredSamson said, women can be psychopaths. The woman I was with was more of a manipulative, dirty, alcoholic single mom (and other shit on top of that). She played me for a sap, and even used me to get back at her husband. It's been 2 years and I'm slowly getting over her completely. And trust me, I loved her, cared for her, and treated her with utmost respect. And when I desperately needed her the most, she was never there.

But seriously, you need to wake up man. 9 years is a fucking long time. I'm sorry for being harsh, but you're wasting so much valuable time thinking of her. Just think how much better off you would be if you just let go. Metaphorically, think of it this way: Would you hold on to a rope that's being tugged away, but have your hands bleeding? You "hold" on to the pain, the suffering, and so on. But if you let go of the rope, not only will your hands stop bleeding, but it will begin to heal. You're letting go of the pain and letting go of the memories.

So what I'm saying is this, stop hanging on to the "rope". Let it go. Free your hand of the pain and suffering; likewise, let her go so you can start over. Trust me, letting go of my woman was painful. I still thought about her (the good and the bad). But it was pointless to let it eat away at me. I could have started dating or something by now. It's been 9 years, but don't let it affect you any longer because you don't deserve this kind of torture. Best of luck man.

xSolidSnake86 and yousuff like this.
  10. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

Liked your words. Truly inspiring.

Namekian23 likes this.
  11. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Thanks man. It took me a while to get the message myself.

yousuff likes this.
  12. wanabefree

wanabefree Fapstronaut

I read your post and here is my two cents.

IMO, in any relationship I find that emotional connection is really important. That is, feeling safe of being truthful to each other about thoughts and feelings, and no dishonesty. Once both partners can be completely honest with each other about everything, sharing thoughts and feelings regardless of how it may make your partner feel, then a healthy relationship should flourish. Lies and dishonesty will only draw both partners further away from each other.

Your ex-girlfriend seems like someone that I would find very hard to trust based on what you have described, and if her only major positive trait is that she is physically attractive, then I don't think it is worth the effort. Beauty fades anyways, either through external forces or by age. There are plenty of fish in the pond
    :D

Either way, PMO is bad and will affect the new relationship you will enter in the future. Not all women are willing to accept a problem like PMO, so it is good to get rid of it before going into a relationship. Even if you are already in a relationship now, it is important to not hide it from your partner but to be honest about it, regardless of how the relationship will turn out after expressing it.

Just an opinion.

13. Toni S.

Toni S. Fapstronaut

With all due respect to your feelings, if you really (want to) have self-love, you are better without her. Your ex may have her qualities, but she was not a sane person, and was totally dependent of social approval. Anyway, let's forget about her, and talk about you.
    I am sure you are an amazing person, with great potential to perform and achieve many things in your life. You are just going through a difficult phase of your life. The good news is that you are totally capable of changing that. I suggest you try to stop thinking too much about the past and about her and start thinking about yourself. What you can do to improve yourself? How can you do something really useful that will show yourself your real value?
    If you really want to work in the IT industry, I suggest the following websites (if you want to work with software development, of course):
    https://www.codecademy.com/
    https://code.org/learn

Wish you all the best, man.

14. Gladiatori

Gladiatori Fapstronaut

@xSolidSnake86 You are very brave to share your pain so openly. Don't insult urself! Life has kicked your ass enough, no need to kick your ass too! So this happened to me too, i've been through hell with my girlfriends over the last three years. I was a virgin at 27. And had my heart busted in half a few times. I went to Gaming addiction last time, PMO,Alcohol,cigarettes. I was drunk every single day smoking 15 cigarettes, and gaming/fapping every day. I had a streak of 2 months solid drunkenness... every single day!!! I Must have damaged my liver, but I am young and eating clean+ lots of water I am healthy My liver is not going to get cirrocus!!!!!!! Lol. How 2 spell? I don't care :D. I wjust came out of a one year depression. Your a human, with feelings not a loser. The fact that you didn't suicide is a testament of that! U Know how hard it is right?

It's not your fault. Here.. master splinter wisdom man!

15. acid wizard

acid wizard Fapstronaut

Hey there xSolidSnake86

I have expirienced something like you too. My Ex-girlfriend always needed my help i and i helped her as good as i could, because i loved her like crazy.
    But when i needed some help, she told me "go cry to your mother"... She was never there for me and i too still have feelings for her, despite that was 5 years ago.
    But i know that im better on my own than with her, i just hurts so much, because she was my first big love. I would have done everything for her, but not she for me.
    So im also glad that she left me. However i let all chances of new girls fail, simply because i was so sad that i couldnt have a relationship with someone else. And now that im deep in the mud i really dont think about having one, i first have to get myself outta here. Anyway, what i trying to say to you is that other opportunities with new girls will come. They definately will. Hope this helps. Cheers

16. GSarosi

GSarosi Guest

Oh.... damn. ONEITIS. I hate developing oneitis. We all have to go through it one time or another.

I found an awesome reddit post but I can't post the link because I just registered. So here is the article itself. If I am violating anything please let me know so when I have full member access I will edit this post and just post the link. Here goes:

"The PUA community contains many almost religious-like mantras like “any guy can get any girl,” “it’s all about game,” “girls only care about the alpha,” etc… These mantras are not technically true but they are good for people to believe anyway, especially if the person has a history of low self-esteem, insecurity and anxiety.

One of the most pernicious dogmas in the PUA community is that the cure for “oneitis” is “abundance mentality.” PUAs will tell you that if you are stuck on one girl all you need to do is fuck 10 other girls and you will completely forget about her. This may be true for a girl you’ve talked to for 10 minutes, but if you have actually established an emotional connection with a girl, it is not that easy.

Here is the truth about oneitis – some girls are just awesome and you will not forget them. Some girls are ambitious, intelligent, interesting, loving, cool, funny, etc…, and you can fuck 100 girls and not get over them. There is always a chance you will find a better girl or one that is equal, but you also may not. Think about it logically – not every girl you find is going to be better than the last girl, it’s not logically possible.

The key to overcoming oneitis isn’t to “go fuck 10 other girls” – it is to build a life where your validation is not based on whether or not girls like you. Now, this is much easier said than done. We live in a society that basically teaches us at every turn that a man’s value is tied to how hot of girls he fucks (and also, unfortunately, how shitty he treats them). In almost every city if you show up to a club with a group of hot girls not only will the girls be nicer to you, so will the guys. I have had “friends” who thought I was a complete dork until they saw me with some hot girl and now they think I’m a cool guy. In every movie the ultimate pinnacle for the man is to the get the girl. Even when he defeats the bad guy, or wins the karate competition, or passes the big test, his “prize” is the girl. In “romance” movies the guy always says some corny shit like “I would die for you,” blah blah blah. One of my best friends is getting married and he posted on his facebook that his fiancé was “his reason for waking up in the morning.” I almost gagged. Does that mean if she leaves him he has to kill himself?

It is also hard to not women rule your soul because some of your most powerful emotions are relationship/romantic ones. Nothing affects a man’s ego like getting rejecting by a woman and a lot of oneitis and “love” is just the ego not being able to accept that somebody said YOU are not good enough. When somebody is constantly complimenting you, looking deep into your eyes, and going out of their way to do things for you, its hard to not buy into that dream and let it affect you.

This is completely fucking wrong and we have to completely remove this mindset. Your value and worth as a man has nothing to do with how many girls like you or fuck you. Women can provide validation and a self-esteem boost, but its fake. It’s like they are paying you with counterfeit money. Furthermore, they can take that validation away whenever they want, so they have power over you. The rapper Drake fucks strippers all the time – for that night they feel like they are the most powerful and important women in the world. But then when he drops them back off at their shitty little apartment in the hood they are back to where they started. Remember – women ARE NOT YOU. Read that again. THEY ARE NOT YOU. So they shouldn’t be able to affect your self-esteem.

Let me tell you a story about Kyle. At our college there was a girl named Kelly who was literally one of the hottest girls you will ever see. I am not exaggerating – she was much better looking than most Playboy models or runway models. She is literally one of the prettiest girls I have ever seen in my life, movies and TV included. She was considered a goddess at her high school and also at college – literally, at every frat party a line of guys would form, all of whom were trying to talk to Kelly. She was the stuff of legends and everybody would talk about her. Kelly would give her number out to 5-6 guys a night and never call any of them back.

Kelly’s boyfriend was also really good looking, but he was kind of a loser that got involved in drugs and stuff. Kelly dumped him but she still had feelings for him. Enter Kyle. Kyle was a goofy, corny dork. He wasn’t “ugly” per se but he wasn’t anywhere near Kelly’s level. He was the kind of guy that everybody made fun of in high school and was never invited to parties. Anyway, he became friends with Kelly and after Kelly dumped her boyfriend she went into an emotional tailspin. As girls on the rebound are wont to do, she grabbed the closest guy she could find and started fucking him – which was Kyle. Of course, all of Kyle’s friends knew that Kelly was way out of Kyle’s league and so did Kyle, but he decided he was going to hang onto this ride as long as he could.

After a while, dating Kelly went to Kyle’s head and he started acting like a badass because he was dating Kelly. He started acting more “confident” and even dressing better. Some of the dudes who had made fun of him in high school started to be nice to him but others realized that he was still the same old dork. Girls started wanting to fuck Kyle because Kelly gave him the ultimate social proof.

Of course, Kelly only fucked Kyle for about 6 months until she got her head clear and realized that she was with a dude that was way beneath her. But the damage was done – Kyle had formed feelings for her and now he couldn’t get over her. For years after that Kyle became a depressed alcoholic and couldn’t form a relationship because he could find nobody else like Kelly. No matter how good his “game” got, no matter how much he lifted, he just wasn’t going to get a girl like that again. It was a fluke that he got her in the first place. Really hot girls started to approach Kyle (girls he would have never gotten previously) because Kelly had tricked them into thinking Kyle had value, but he just brushed them off because they weren’t Kelly. Kelly basically ruined Kyle’s life, at least for a few years.

Now the story of Kyle is very common, even if it not as on extreme of a scale. Plenty of guys get into relationships with girls that are “out of their league” and it ruins their life because they become attached and can’t find somebody better. You can’t tell these guys about “abundance mentality” or “go fuck 10 more girls” because their oneitis is too deep for that. A lot of guys give up on their hobbies and passions because of women. I’ve also noticed that men that become betas in relationships appear to become more feminized and generally less assertive. It’s literally like women suck the life force out of them.

The solution is to build a life where you don’t need validation from women. You need to engage in hobbies that have nothing to do with women at all. It’s hard – most people work jobs that fucking suck and don’t provide a lot of opportunity for personal fulfillment or growth. Also most people don’t have the time or courage to pick up another activity like painting or learning the intricacies of Marxist economics – especially at a later stage of life. But you absolutely have to. The key to outcome independence is knowing that you have the capability of ditching Kate Upton to go home and work on your woodworking project and not feeling a twinge of regret. I know that sounds insane and it goes against everything our society has taught us – but that is the TRUE definition of outcome independence. People say that the key to outcome independent is the “abundance mentality” but not even an abundance mentality can save you from a true bitch. I have had girls express interest in me all night and even invite me back to their place, but then when we get back to their house they freeze me out and make me sleep on the couch. Why? They just wanted to know they could conquer me – they couldn’t conquer me at the club so they had to bring me all the way back home to do it. In this case, my abundance mentality doesn’t help me because even though I know I could get other girls its 3AM and the bars are closed. True outcome independence is being able to laugh it off and go home.

A lot of guys try to take their mind off of girls by lifting or focusing on “themselves,” but those are activities that they ultimately doing just to get girls again. A truly outcome independent man has hobbies that have nothing to do with girls whatsoever – in fact, hobbies that we would never even tell girls about.

Now, you may be saying: “If you completely disassociate your identity from women, how can you ever be in a relationship? Isn’t there something beautiful about making sacrifices and bonding with a woman?” Well – there is nothing wrong with being in a relationship – you should be in one if you want. But… a true healthy relationship is one where both parties help improve each other and encourage each other’s growth and well-being. If your SO wants you to quit your hobbies so you can “spend more time with her” she doesn’t have your well-being in mind; she is only worried about her own emotional insecurity. That’s not a nice thing for her to ask you to do nor should you ask her to do that ever either. That’s the definition of an unhealthy, codependent relationship."

Clerk373, Toni S., Francesco and 3 others like this.
  17. xSolidSnake86

So many amazing posts. Sorry I haven’t posted back. I read them in my email on my phone when they were being posted, I was just too lazy to respond I guess... hate using my phone to type. Thanks for the love, support, time and effort from all you guys. I haven’t been on YBOP or Nofap much since I lasted posted, which I should as it is a reminder that I’m in the biggest fight of my life, which will last for the rest of my life. I was on a good 10 day streak since my last post, but I gave in to the sexual urges. My brain gets extremely bored without seeing nudity after a week, because I have no choice but to go hardmode, therefore it gets really lonely and boring.

@yousuff Sounds like she wanted to keep an extra door/window open by keeping you around as her safety net, and/or to feed her ego that she can have you if/whenever she wanted. Many women are notorious for things like that, and they’re oblivious to what they are doing and the damage it can cause.

And I’ll be sure to check out those learning site you told me about. And you’re right I guess that it can never really truly be too late for anything, until it’s too late. Age is just a number, and I shouldn’t limit myself to it. It’s now, or never.

@Ikindaknew I know, but such a girl is hard to find. Most are all attention addicts and need people/society in order to validate their existence. They are lost without having people in their lives for just a moment, they are easily bored and always need to be entertained.

Finding a girl who doesn’t need those things is very hard, because you won’t find them where you find/meet other girls. Attention addict girls are everywhere. Simple girls aren’t around social gatherings as much, they are always working on their life goals and self-improvement, and only give little time/effort to socializing. They use socializing as just a side-hobby kind of way, rather than a way of life/existence.

Adventurous girls are more fun and exciting, but more deadly. They’d be enjoying life with or without you, the memories you make together they won’t remember for long. Simple girls can be boring (you eventually run out if things to do and talk about together), but they tend to enjoy/remember/value the memories you create together more, as it’s not something that they would be doing if it wasn’t for you.

@UpendiT You’re right. I’m/was addicted/infatuated by her. Almost like she is/was my lifeforce. Everytime I succeed or fail at anything, she’s always there in my head haunting me. And you’re 10000% right, quitting all addictions especially PMO for me and being sober for good is the only way to be done with her and all the other negatives in my life. But it’s easier said than done, as PMO was an escape mechanism for me. Without it, I have nowhere to escape to.

@dragonaire That article you linked me, for sure describes alot of her character/personality traits. She definitely had psychopathic personality traits directed at me alot of the times

@FredSamson Oh yeah man don’t I know it! They can be true killers! Heartless and cold! Only number 1 is what matters to them! They don’t care who gets run over during their journey of finding/seeking what they truly want in life!

@Namekian23 Sorry for the pain you’ve experienced. For sure they can be psychopaths (deep down inside I think all humans are to a certain extent, but women can be emotional murderers without a drop of remorse in them. They even enjoy it, it makes them feel powerful).

And I know 9 years is ridiculous, I’m harsh on myself about it. It’s only because of quitting real life, and making PMO and substances my life is why it’s been so long. It made time truly fly by me faster than light it seems. Since discovering YBOP 4 months ago I’ve been waking up from this 9 year coma and the damage it’s caused me in the long run is now what I have to face 24/7. Abstaining for just a few weeks fades her from my mind greatly. Imagine what a few months or years can do? This rope needs to be severed for my own good and for the sake of my future.

@wanabefree Yeah the funny thing is, she’s actually not a psychopath at all with other people (her friends and family). She was only like that with boyfriends/exes that she feels wrong(ed) her (I ofcourse am “the worst” of them all). From when I knew her, she’s known as an amazing person, an amazing friend, amazing everything etc. Which baffles me, because she was rarely “amazing” with me. If I were to tell her world about how she treat me, they’d call it blasphemous and blame me saying I’m the one who deserved that mistreat then as I must’ve wronged her etc I’d get burned at the stake.

She never respected my feelings or sense of self-worth from the first week we got together. But I know she would’ve treat the guy she married like a king from the first moment, as she would’ve learned from our relationship (treat a man like he’s the world, and he will give you the world)! She treat me like I’m just another replaceable guy, like I was just a stepping stone on the way to greater things. She even said when she told me that she’s getting married, that she learned from me how to be a better person. So basically I made her better for the next guy. I deserve atleast a thankyou right? Lol

@Toni S You’re so right. I am actually better off without her in the long run. It just wasn’t meant to be. I should use that experience as just that, a learning experience as all people use hurdles and falls as learning experiences for self-improvement and recovery. As you said, enough about her, and more about me. That’s going to be my mentality from now on (self-improvement). I’ll check out those links. I wouldn’t say I’m totally “serious” about anything right now career-wise, as I don’t even know what it is I want to do for sure. I have things I’d like to do, but not sure about any of them. In my head I’m intending to open several pathways for things that appeal to me, incase one doesn’t work out, the other can. But I need to make money first to do anything. I’ll try my best to explain:

1) Security work (there’s a few different types that I like). Can’t be done yet, as you need a 5 year checkable history, which I don’t have. Also, you need an SIA license which costs money for training for one etc.

2) Forklift license (for an extra skill). Cost money ofcourse.

3) Driving license. Again, money for lessons... can cost a few 1000 here in the UK.

4) HGV license. Cost 1000s for training etc, plus you need practical experience when you obtain one inorder to get work at a good paying company (means I could spend years making crap pay truck driving just to gain experience).

5) Fitness instructor. I’m not fit right now, I’ve become skinny-fat. Used to be buff (not ripped, but big strong with no fat). Haven’t worked out in 9 years, but it’s still there deep inside me. I want to get back to lifting weights, I need to live the bodybuilders lifestyle for myself. Costs money to become a fitness instructor, you have to be passionate and consistent and fit, which I am not yet.

6) Need a car for taxi driving. Taxi drivers make real good money here in the UK for like 60/70 hours a week. Need a good car something in the range of £20,000. I love cars, and driving so I’d love it.

7) I want to also be a car salesman. Need a drivers license, and sales experience. Can get experience from a callcentre sales job as there are frequently available callcentre jobs, but I detest callcentre work (boring as fuck, underpaying and overworking with practically no rewards.. I don’t want to sit at a computer/desk/cube for the rest of my life).

8) Something to do with properties. Like an estate agent etc.

They aren’t in any particular order. But I’d say that a drivers licence and a car are top priority which I need a job to get. Without them, it will be difficult doing most things in life.

@Gladiatori We sound alot alike. We use dopamine injecting activities as an escape mechanism to hide from our vulnerabilities which were exposed by rejection, as I think that we are afraid of being afraid about being fragile, so we like to forget that we are by over stimulated our brain and body with unnatural things!... to me anyway it applies. And I do beat myself up too much, it’s become a habit over the last 9 years.

@acid wizard Thanks, it does help. I need to look forward, not behind. Women bro, they are hard to live with, and hard to live without. Sometimes I bless them and curse them, want them and don’t want them all at the same time lolz weird. I just want to be free of pmo forever, be successful with a good woman in my arms who’ll accept me and always be by my side through life.

@GSarosi Absolutely amazing post. So well detailed and well written. A must read for everyone. I’ve read it twice now, and sure I’ll read it more times. It applies to me very much so. I had opportunities with many girls that guys would die for, who I could easily have had with the flick of a finger between the years of 2008 and 2011.. even went as far to messing around with 2 girls (no sex as the chance didn’t occur). But I rejected them all as they were not “her”, and in my mind were all lower as “she” was higher. I didn’t want to settle for anything, much less for something less. It was like, either all or nothing. I had porn, drink, drugs, games/entertainment, my savings which I blew throughout my 9 year coma... I was a brain dead zombie with a brain flooded by a tsunami of dopamine because of those things, which caused me to think that way about those lost opportunities, kept me blind deaf and dumb for so long. Me and Kyle seem alot like the same, atleast in regards to “the one” and the fallout after.

And I completely hear you about the independent man. That’s how it is. Look at most athletes, top businessmen, successful men in general, they all strive to benefit themselves becoming the best version of themselves, doing what they enjoy inside and outside of their professional life. And except the rewards that come with it, accept those who want to get on the train with them along their journey. They don’t work for women, they just accept them as part of the journey, and use them as just a little extra motivation for continuing, not as THE motivation. It’s what I need to learn, and put it into practice of my everyday nofap life.

The activities that I enjoy and want to do, which are for me and not for woman, are gaming (it’s my first real love and passion, it’s what I truly enjoy the most, even though I haven’t done it as much since attempting nofap, it will always be a part of me, even in my old age lol). Then working out like lifting for bodybuilding, and MMA. Not for women, but for myself. I was always into that kind of stuff since a young age, my late father got me really interested in it, before I ever got an erection or discovered women. It’s always been a part of me, it’s one of my main goals to make bodybuilding, along with earning money happily, practicing my religion, nofap and gaming as my permanent lifestyle.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Gladiatori likes this.
  18. DYS1994

DYS1994 Fapstronaut

@xSolidSnake86 You thought your post was a long one. Ha. I'm glad this guy wrote more than I ever expected to write in your reply. This is the beauty of NoFap I guess. We're all here for everyone. :)

19. DYS1994

DYS1994 Fapstronaut

In that relationship I saw two things always popping up. Lies and rudeness. Not from one, but from both of you. She was no saint and so weren't you. Both of you were young and both of you were foolish at times. I don't think that is a good sign. Let me put out what I see as where you messed up (No point about how she messed up cause she is long gone and because you're the one in light now). I'm saying these to you because I think you'll be better with your next girl if you make up these little things (Bro, you just have to get on with your life,okay. Your life is not worthless to live like that. You could be someone else's love of life.). Okay, how do I know these, well I don't know your ex girlfriend but I'm gay. If there is one similarity between gays and girls it's trying to find the best guy they could. I'm assuming that she is like any other girl but with a little harsh side that came up due to foolish acts that were done by her and you. (If she put more effort she could have stopped being so harsh and thing would have been so much better.). What I'm trying to do here is to look into her world and try to see things the way she saw them (I'm not saying that these are accurate. I'm saying how I would have felt if these happened to me since I'm gay I think that some of the girls would feel like this and she also could have felt like this, or maybe she didn't because she is not like most girls) and by you knowing how she felt you could not do those in the future.

1. In that road trip, did you ask her to not to answer the mobile? If you did, you haven't mentioned it in your post. If you didn't why didn't you do it in a loving way? How would have she felt when you were not standing up to defend her when her ex was harassing her? the things that came after that like telling her friend that she hated the trip, I think those came because she felt angry about you. Maybe she spoke of her ex'es because she wanted you to know about something they had and you didn't and she wanted you to have it. Of course she would not care about your feeling then. She was angry.

2. You should not have falsely accused her of having some sort of relationship with another guy when you perfectly knew she was not. Think about how felt when you self doubted if you were the wrong person after all these years. Now think how she would have felt when you, the guy she loves, accuse her of having another relationship when she perfectly well knew that it was false. I'm not saying that it is same as what you're feeling now, but it's something like that.

3. That issue with her aunt. Maybe you said something that made her feel bad. I don't think it's entirely your fault. Maybe if you and her had good communication this would not have happened. The blame is on her too.

4. Trust me. Kissing for love and lust and spanking the back give off two different meanings. At least it does to me and I guess it would be the same for some girls. If she is the kind of girl who I think she is she would not like it.

5. Well we should all know that it's bad to disrespect anyone's parents. Both of you were foolish here.

6. Her fake marriage thing. What she did was bad. Why would she lie? (I feel something but it's too complicated to write it down here. Something like, people would (you would) think that she is a dumb girl who would marry her ex boyfriend).

7. Would have been better if you didn't lie about an operation.

If we sum up the causes of the problems mentioned above, they would be 1. Rudeness, 2. Lies, 3. Rudeness, 4.Rudeness, 5. Rudeness, 6. Lies, 7. Lies.

What hit my heart the most is when you said,
    I think it's because it resonated with me. Not in the same scenario but in a different way. Remember, you are who you are. Irrelevant of what people with low insight say. I know what it feels like to have that feeling. Here is something to do the next time you feel it. Remember who you are and what you did for her. Those people in your home town, they don't have the right to judge you.

Please don't cling on to your past. I feel like you're expecting her to be yours somehow. I know it's hard but please let go of that thought. I'm under going something similar and I don't know how to do it but all I could tell you is please let go of it. You see, I like this guy from my university. I like him a lot. He is most of the things that I want him to be. I love him very much. I'm not sure if he is gay or straight but all I know is that I love him. I told him that I love him on the 1st of April so if things went wrong I could just cover it up by saying it was a prank. (I live in a country where being gay is unacceptable so yeah I had to do it like that). I did that thinking that it would either end my needing his love when he says "Ew man that's gross, stop it", or have the kind of love I need when he (by some miracle) says he loves me. When I finally did say it, all he did was look at me and smile and I think I heard him say, "I'll stay like I didn't hear it", but I'm not sure if he said it to me or the guy behind me regarding something else. He acted all good with me yesterday. It was the first day we met after I said to him that I love him.

Every time I think of him and remember there is a grater chance of me not being with him, it HURTS. It hurts a lot. I mean I love this guy so much. I even stopped watching porn at a point because I love him and that was long before I told him that I love him. I did that because I wanted to be worth for him and now everything is a blur and I don't know where it's going.

My point is if you keep on thinking about her it will only hurt you. I don't want any living person to go through these kind of sad things in their life. Therefore, please, stop thinking about the past and being sad. Try to find someone new. Please.

I don't know if my post was much of a thing. I just read your story. At first I thought you were the wrong guy but as I read on I got the feeling that you alone was not wrong and the whole blame could not be put on you. I really wanted to be a help. Sorry if I was not, but I wish you would come out of this and enjoy your life.

20. xSolidSnake86

@DevinYS This turns out to be a long ass post, so be prepared lol.

I didn’t talk to her on the road trip about her ex harassing her. I felt that it wasn’t my place, as it was only less than a week that we’ve been together. If there’s one thing I know, it’s that girls hate petty control/anger issues in men from the get-go. Besides, I feel that why should I even have to do or say anything, common sense should tell her to leave her shit in the toilet. Don’t drag your baggage into the new relationship, it’s not fair to the new guy that has to pick that stuff up to lighten her load just so to show her that he’s polite. My point is that it’s baggage that didn’t need to be there... she allowed it to be there for whatever reason. That’s the kind of stuff that you clean up on your own when you have time. Mute the phone, cancel it, later when she’s with her friend on a bathroom break or whatever, call him back and say whatever.

She was notorious with me for playing mind-games like that, instead of just being straight forward. Another time she dumped me just for this: I answered my cousins text twice infront of her while we were together in the car within the space of a minute, because he needed me but I was telling him that I’m busy (I told her that “just let me quickly text him back that I’m busy because he doesn’t know” etc, she was cool). But little did I know, she was mad. She got a call from a friend a few minutes after, and she stayed on the phone to him for I kid you not, 25 minutes, on purpose, inorder to prove some kind of point. I stayed sitting there like a doofus the whole time, it was 6pm then, after her call I told her that I gotta go (as my ill mother is looking after my niece). It meant that I have to go, so I’ll drop you off. But no, as I said that “I have to go”, she got out the car angrily threw my jacket back at me, said “we’re over” and slammed the door. She wouldn’t get back in the, so I had to just go then.

Later when we spoke, she said that I kicked her out the car and then abandoned her (I clearly did not, nor did I imply that she “get out”. My implication was more than clear that I’ll take her home now as I have to go). But nope she wasn’t having it, I was wrong, she was right, so as usual I apologized sincerely. The phone call, she said that I made her second priority to my cousin while it was our quality time together. So to show me how she felt, she had to give me the taste of my own medicine by being on the phone for a long time, so that I will actually “learn”, as opposed to just straight out telling me how she felt, which would not make me “learn” as she put it. She always used to find / fabricate buttons in me to intentionally push, to see how I react, just so she can point her finger at me to prove that I am indeed a scumbag. There were countless more times of things like that, I could write a whole book about, but I won’t bore you guys about her childish stories anymore.

The part about her aunt, I don’t know how I could’ve said anything to hurt her. Her aunt I were talking about careers, hobbies, I was trying to make her laugh at times with silly jokes her aunt was laughing alot, while she was just sitting there looking at us banter. I think it was something more to do between those two personally, but she took it out on me, because why not right? That’s what I’m there for!

And I see your point about the other stuff. I’m not saying that I’m an innocent saint at all. I’m saying I was wrong myself many times in the relationship. But everytime I always sincerely tried to make up for it, acknowledge what i did, apologize for it, take responsibly for it, and to continually work on repairs from there-on-out. She never did any of those, EVER.

I remember, one time in the relationship, I told her that she mistreats me etc pointing out examples, she would respond with “why don’t you just end this then if I’m such a bad girlfriend”? I’d answer with, “because you mean more to me than that, I didn’t cuff you just to break up over miniscule matters than can easily be worked on together”. And that her response is also another reason, that if I slip on a banana peel, you’d just dump me without thinking twice? “What if we were married, you’d divorce me over such things”? She said, “but we aren’t married. And yes I’d dump you for being a dick, or if you disrespect me etc”.

And you’re 100% right, I guess that subconsciously I’m holding onto her because that’s all of her that remains, and by doing so she’ll somehow know and be mine again. It’s sad as fuck I know. I’d love to be done with her forever and find someone else. But my life is in ruins, I can’t be what I need to be for someone else, no matter how desperate I am. I’m unemployed, no job skills, no money, need dental work, need to save up £10,000 for a private operation on correcting my congenital penile curvature, need secure income and a car etc. The unemployed and no money part would be acceptable if I were in my late teens and early 20s, but not at 29 man. There’s millions of other guys to choose from who have it all together, and aren’t PMO addicts.

And I’m really sorry about your dilemma, I can imagine what it can be like in your situation. But tbh, you don’t love him, you honestly don’t, trust me, you don’t! Your emotions are so intense, that it’s a type of “high”, making you think that you’re seeing/feeling something that is otherwise not real. That’s what a crush is. You have a real deep crush on this person. The desire of wanting something that you can’t have, which just so happens to be so close, yet so far, can run havoc on ones emotions. “Love”, is something very different, but can only be identified as something different once you’ve experienced both “love” and “crushing”. However though, believe me when I tell you, that you’ll be free of him one day, if it doesn’t go any further than just “crushing” that is.

In school, college, uni, work place, crushing is universally intensified because that person is infront of you everyday getting on with their business with their perfect selves, in their perfect skin, with their perfect movements and facial expressions, their perfect voice and clothes etc. Then you take those same things home with you multiplying them 10 fold with more thoughts/fantasies of them etc. I’ve had many crushes in my teens, one crush lasted for 2 years, but it dies hard and fast when there’s a new crush/possibility around. I look back on those girls I crushed on, and I’m like “dayum that’s crazy how I was crazy about them”. I really thought that I “loved” them. But no, I loved the idea of loving them, the perfect image of them that I’ve created of them in my head, and indeed they are/seem perfect, I’d do anything for them etc.

Love however, happens when you’ve seen the good, the bad, the beauty, the ugliness, the fairness, the unfairness, the beautiful scent, the ugly stench, the right doing, the wrong doing. genuinely caring for the others’ wellbeing like health, wealth, dreams/ambitions etc. Helping them in their hardships, supporting them. Going to them and using their shoulder when you’re in need etc. Thinking about them 24/7 of the now, and the future, such as having a family, building a home, following professional dreams alongside one another, growing old together, looking back, and loving every good and bad moment without wanting to change a thing. Caring about their family problems, about their family members as if they are yours (even if they’re douchbags). The true desire to want to be there for them in every way possible.

When you have eyes for no other, as no other exists, only that “one” exists. When you know you’d reject 20 of the hottest offering themselves to you, because that “one” is worth infinitely more. When you’re offered the worlds’ fortune to be without that “one”, even if it’s for a day, you’d refuse because that “one” is worth more than the whole universe! When you “dig” their awkward sense of humour, finding them hilarious even though you know that it wasn’t actually funny, but you do find it funny. When you get frustrated with them over the smallest of things, and sometimes want to bitchslap them for no reason, yet you know you’d give your left nut just to put a smile on their face even if that smile lasts for only a second. When you love them on their worst day, even if their worst day lasts for weeks/months/years (can even be because of genuine clinical depression they have). When you’ve smelled their farts/shits, yet you still think they smell of roses. When you’d clean up after them willingly because they can’t or won’t. When you go out of your way to be there for them, and even put yourself at risk whatever the kind inorder to help them. When you still love them after they’ve hurt you so much, so many times, even if it was intentional, even if they’ve stole from you.

Only when all/most of the above are part of you and them, only then you can say that it’s “love”. But hey maybe it is love, who really knows what love really is anyway? Its definition changes for everyone. My point is, don’t worry bro, there’ll literally be many more where he came from.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    DYS1994 likes this.