1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop Being A Victim

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Mateus long, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Mateus long

Mateus long Fapstronaut

My biggest breakthrough in my self-improvement journey came when I no longer lived as a victim. I used to believe that I had no control over my life. I didn't feel like I had a choice. What I've now learnt is...

I CHOSE to be in a relationship that didn't allow me to develop.

I CHOSE to compare myself to others on social media.

I CHOSE to focus on negatives rather than all that I have to be grateful for.

Once we acknowledge that we always have a choice, we begin taking accountability for our problems, rather than blaming others. And once we take accountability, we can begin taking action to improve our life-situation. I see this mentality everywhere I look in the modern age and it's the most debilitating mindset you can have. It prevents you from taking positive action which hampers meaningful improvement.

I've gone into this in more depth on YouTube . I felt a strong need to spread this message because of the impact that this shift in mindset has had on my life.