1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

stop hearing your body

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by !!!10years!!!?!, Jul 18, 2019.

1. !!!10years!!!?!

!!!10years!!!?! Fapstronaut

It has been 89 days being clean, and I feel like I loose a big load I carry on my head, and free for the challenge of life.
    what I understand from those clean days is that, I have more to handle in life, PMO has been a cover to my insecurities, the cover of my fears, make me run away from life.
    life comes to me, then I go to that shameful moment and after that I focused on the shame I am in, hate my self, forget life challenges,
    now I am facing those challenges of life, too many depressing questions of life, and I am answering them rather than commit that shameful thing,
    what I understand about being humman is that, our instant pleasures are always the obstacles of our well-being, not only PMO, but also running away from what we want due to fear, we choose to sleep while we have to workout, we choose to watch movie while we have to read, our body is resistant for struggle, our body is always like a child that needs a father, a concious mind, so we shall need to say no to our body, we do things not because we love doing it, but we must do things if they are right to do, we should do things that are fruitful, that moves our life ahead, that gives you what your soul is satisfied with.
    And about urges, urges can be controlled, urges can be so hard, if we don't decide and give a chance to it, but if we are certain that we don't go back, there is no urge, we can even live without sex, it is the thoughts that the society injects us about sex that makes us obsessed with sex. life is not about pleasure. untill about 40 days when I feel depressed, what comes to my mind is PMO as a solution, like I did for about 10 years, now when I am depressed with issues of life, PMO is not even from the lists of the remedies I take, I have now new coarse of solution, my subconcious mind is about to forget PMO as a solution.
    I change some things of my life, program my self, take a challenge of taking a cold shower, that was so hard, but I push my self to it, and I did it, I don't hear my body, and satisfied with it, and start Martial arts lesson, and my body want to sleep while I have to go for the martial art class, and here also I push my self, and satisfied with my decision. I fear being with new people and I push myself to face that fear, and I see a change in me with my social life, read 10 pages of a book per day, learning a new 5 words of a new language per day.... our body don't see the hole ahead of the action. while walking on the road my eye want to see girls body, everygirls on the road, and I stop my self, I see something else...
    still struggling to erase insecurities that are written on my mind due to PMO, and wish me good luck, and good luck to you too. hope you all a peaceful life!

2. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

You know what to do but you can't seem to make yourself do it. Remeber your brain is wired to stop you from doing things that are uncomfortable or uncertain or scary. It's your job to learn how to move from those ideas that could change everything into acting on. So good job to figured all out. Just make a decision.

!!!10years!!!?! likes this.
  3. I partially agree with your post. Saying "life isn't about pleasure". I don't agree with this statement. Life is really what you make it. Sound like you fighting with your own true self. Or maybe you need a purpose in life. If you've been pmoing long time, then you decide to quit. You'll experience a lot low and high emotions till your brain finish rebooting. Also saying " we can live without sex" is also a lie. This statement is not hold true for some people. If you been pmoing more than 3 Year, you'll need at least 1 year hardmode to get healed.

!!!10years!!!?! and Toni7 like this.