1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop Trying To Improve Yourself

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by EffortlessGoalGetter, Jun 28, 2021.

1. We're looking to other people to fix us, to improve ourselves, when the very thing about you that needs improvement is that you believe that you need to be improved! Nothing is a matter of improving yourself, you are already there Look to the activity itself, what you like doing, and do that! For the sole purpose of that activity, because that's what you like to do. And explore.

2. This is what I've been struggling the most recently, to understand what I actually enjoy and care about the most. So this resonated with me, thank you. What's the point of self-improvement if you hate every second of the progress? But also, if you only do what you enjoy, and the things you enjoy are making you unhappy for x or y reason (they're unhealthy, for example), then you still should seek self-improvement. I think it's a fine balance. Do what both has purpose for you and you enjoy

Vanquisher12 and J29 like this.