1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop watching movies and TV shows???

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Nheylmlh, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Nheylmlh

Nheylmlh Fapstronaut

There is almost always sexual content on todays tv and it is "interrupting" with my goals to stop PMO.(I am not taking about naked but the content amplies for sexual meaning and have girls In swimsuits and things like that especially comedy)
    Should o I stop watching TV?
    Doe's anyone had this problem too?
    Any advice/recommendation?
    Plz I am a bit lost

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. It's tough.

For me, when those scenes come up, I concentrate on the people and the meanings of scene, not on the act itself; and I avoid looking at the women from a sexual point of view. If necessary, I look away until the scene is over.

Alternatively, stop watching TV during your reboot (if there are any shows that you particularly want to watch, you can record them for afterwards). In the meantime, read instead — it's an activity that takes your mind off your reboot in a healthy way.

3. bobross

bobross Fapstronaut

Years ago when I started nofap, I gave up anime for good, because at some point I was watching so much P related that watching anime kept waking certain brain pathways. It was like a time bomb, watch some perfectly fine anime, be ok for a day, maybe two, but every time urges would come, and I'd remember constantly all kinds of things that I've seen before, and eventually relapse.
    My advice, better safe than sorry.

dekari and EthanW. like this.
  4. SpiritVessel

SpiritVessel Fapstronaut

Anytime I’m considering a movie, I google the title followed by “IMDB parent guide”. IMDB has a user-generated data base of warnings about certain types of content; profanity, nudity/sexuality, violence, etc.

I strongly recommend you use that resource before watching anything.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  5. Pluggedin.com is a good one too, a thought sometimes they can be hyper-prudish and make things sound worse than they are.

6. nerd_lean

nerd_lean Fapstronaut

Dont be too hard on yourself man.

7. Nheylmlh

Nheylmlh Fapstronaut

I understand what you say but twice on a row I fell down because of me watching regular tv show and then there is a sexual content... so the first time I am still holding myself but after several times... U know I think I will take your advice of checking it on imdb and pluggedin.
    About anime maybe it is time to stop watching....
    Ty very much evryoeve

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. nerd_lean

nerd_lean Fapstronaut

I see..
    You're welcome brother.

9. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    when the actors wear revealing clothing on the scenes is that in the rating system,

10. It is on pluggedin.com but I'm not sure about imdb

11. SpiritVessel

SpiritVessel Fapstronaut

Frequently yes. But not always.

12. Othat1991

Othat1991 New Fapstronaut

A lot of time is spent on watching movies and different stupid TV shows. In order to make us stupid, and a less thinking generation, the elites stupefies us with boring, useless TV shows.

nick1984 likes this.
  13. nick1984

nick1984 New Fapstronaut

I totally agree with you, in fact i've registered to give you a thumb up.

14. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

I don't believe a person needs to stop altogether. Depending on the rate of consumption I can see severely cutting back to be a good thing. They say the best way to cut back in to displace it with another activity. By getting into a new hobby we may come to find we naturally have less interest in the old media consumption.

I really should keep an eye on what movies are out in the theatres. This way I can sneak in a movie every month and also get out of the house. Even better to go with other people then meet somewhere for some socializing after. Over the past decade I've constantly heard to line that it's more cost effective to stay home and watch something like netflix. While that can be cheaper, actually going out in the world can have its advantages.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. Assuming you're straight, you could just watch prison movies :p

I'm trying to avoid sexual content / 'hot' women in media too, so I've found myself watching a lot of bodybuilding documentaries lately instead lol

16. I actually watched a very good christian documentary on sexual immorality. The narrator mentioned this site.

https://pureflix.com/

I don't know much about the offerings but you my want to check it out.

SpiritVessel likes this.
  17. Nheylmlh

Nheylmlh Fapstronaut