1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[Story] Losing My Phone In A Foreign Country

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MediaVsReality, Mar 19, 2022.

1. MediaVsReality

MediaVsReality New Fapstronaut

I wandered through a strange city alone on the other side of the world. A loudspeaker droned on, as the Quran was repeated time and time again to signal the beginning of Ramadan. To me, this was nothing more than an annoyance.

My day had been ruined, or so I thought. My smartphone lay smashed to pieces in my hostel room, the result of a careless accident stepping off a train.

I walked quickly in a tunnel vision of rage and frustration created by my own mind, ignoring my surroundings completely.

Without access to Instagram or even my camera, there was no possibility of taking photos.

After 30 minutes of strolling without direction, it became clear to me that I was completely lost. 30 minutes became 1 hour. Then 1 hour became 2.

I suddenly noticed that a smile had crept upon my face. Ideas came rushing into my mind. Interesting ideas. Creative ideas. I began to notice the environment around me; what an interesting city!

The droning of the Quran over the loudspeaker had lost it annoyance, it transformed into something soothing, hypnotising, spiritual.

The sun had begun setting behind the horizon turning the sky a a mixture of orange and red.

Despite the frustration I had felt just hours earlier, the future now seemed filled with opportunity and hope. Th light seemed to sparkle in a way I hadn’t noticed before. And my eyes felt wide open, awake and focused.

I had tapped into a feeling that I hadn’t felt in a long, long time. How long had it been since I felt like this? Months? Years? So long that I had forgotten a feeling like this could exist.

And I thought to myself, that I needed to capture this feeling and keep it for the rest of my life. I needed to quit technology. Quit modernity. And live somewhere wild and free. Because this was the way human-beings are supposed to feel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this story belonged here.

2. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

3. IrishMan77

IrishMan77 Fapstronaut

4. MediaVsReality

5. MediaVsReality

Thankyou :)

6. I think you’ve woken up. I even tell my girlfriend I need phone breaks so I can focus on nature and projects. When we’re out free from our phones, our minds adapt to nature and soon revitalize. They are not our life lines… If mine broke I wouldn’t feel so bad… Little upset but I would be more free.