1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Stress, fatigue, hurt, failure, and loneliness...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by F1nnth3human, May 26, 2017.

1. F1nnth3human

F1nnth3human Fapstronaut

So I stand within a moral contradiction... I am ashamed to say I masturbated last night, and I do not have the bravery to tell my girlfriend, my mentors or anyone...

But there is more to it, I cannot and will not tell those around me , because I do not want to lose those I love. Yet by keeping this secret from them I have invited so much problems into my life.

My girlfriend is in America, and I was doing fine until she left, then suddenly I was alone each night and well it hurt, it's going to be like this for 5 months. I let this loneliness get the better of me and relapsed. Then I got sick and relapsed again, and again and again...

So here I sit now, stuck back in a cycle I thought I could get rid of, realising I need help. Perhaps I'll find it here in the nofap community, perhaps somewhere else.

Perhaps I need to be honest and tell the truth...

Either way I sit here, not coping, losing sleep ...

I guess this thread doesn't really fit the discussion, but I just wanted to say if there was anyone else like me, alone, that doesn't really care about the superpowers, just wants to get rid of the shame.
    You are not alone .

2. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

Honesty is key. Did you tell your girlfriend or mentors about this struggle? Did you ask them to help you and hold you accountable? If you did, then you should let them know exactly where you're at. Tell them how you're struggling, and why you are struggling. Ask them to help you think of resources to help the underlying issues that keep pushing you to M.

3. F1nnth3human

F1nnth3human Fapstronaut

Yes and know, I've had a brief conversation with my gf while she was in country but now shes away it's very hard to lay any problems on her because she's barely coping being away from home...

4. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

Okay. Focus on your mentors then perhaps.

5. Rog

Rog Fapstronaut

Maybe the two of you could set up an interdependent reward system. If you avoid PMO for x amount of time, and if she, I dunno, meditates daily to reduce stress, or something else to help her cope--then you both get a 30 minute Skype conversation. Or something to that effect. Although it might seem awkward to propose such a thing to her, as sparky said above, honesty is key: tell her that you don't want your habit to ruin your relationship, and that you feel you need those "higher stakes" to make "more real" the consequences of failing her and yourself. I think something like this (same general ballpark, at least) could really help with PMO and codependency. If your relationship is strong, being away from one another will still hurt, but it will nevertheless be able to withstand the miles and the months. However you plan to proceed, I wish you all the luck in the world.