Sub Forums for Single Guys, Couples, Gays Etc

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Buzz Lightyear, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Hi Alexander and team,

I am pretty much using the 40+ age group forum at the moment though still float around other forums from time to time. I am a single bloke effectively in monk mode, yet a lot of the threads I'm reading are of people in relationships. Then there are also some threads where the poster has a different sexual orientation to myself. Wouldn't it make sense to create a couple more sub forums for people facing the same issues?

Thanks for all the fine work you do,
    Buzz Lightyear.

2. Howdy, Buzz ;)
    Besides Singles, (because this really isn't a dating site) those other groups do exist.

3. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

The OP is not looking for dating, the idea is that singles have different experiences and perspectives. A married person going through nofap has different challenges than a single person, and vice-versa. Plus there can be triggers if one is reading the blog of someone in a relationship vs. posts of someone who is single. Also imagine someone with kids and someone without kids. The idea of having the age forums and gender forums is because there are different experiences/perspectives based on these categories.

4. Again, my link is to the groups he described. I think a singles group is dangerous territory for what I suggested. Users tend to give their relationship status openly in the forums :rolleyes:

5. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

Are you saying that if there was a singles group, you would be concerned that ppl would try to date each other? I don't even see how that's feasible, ppl don't generally give their location information, nor do many even give their gender or age. People come here to try to improve themselves, I don't think anyone wants to jeopardize that by risky behavior. And most here tend to know their triggers and avoid certain posts.

6. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

:confused::confused::confused:

What exactly is 'dangerous'? Re-read my OP carefully... as in don't read your own preconceptions into it. Where in that post is there anything about dating??:confused:

And no, there is not a group for single heterosexual males.... and it should be a sub-forum anyway. @stygian understands what has been written in simple English, and has taken the time to clarify it to you. Yet you still don't get it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    HopefulChristian likes this.
  7. Okay, if I am not to bring in preconceptions than you are to not be rude and insult my intelligence. I understand just fine. I have simply brought and suggested my own thoughts on the matter. I could explain what is "dangerous" about it further, but I have confidence in your IQ and @stygian's simple English. I'm sure he will be willing to take more time to clarify for you.

8. @Buzz Lightyear I kindly suggest that you re-read your OP and my response as well because you did not mention that this singles group would be for heterosexual men only (a little strange, don't you think? A group for a good majority already?) and if you note, I used the word "besides" -- which again, I have faith that you know what that means.

9. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

10. Agoodguy

Agoodguy Fapstronaut

Exactly what I was thinking.

11. I don't take rudeness well.

Agoodguy likes this.
  12. Agoodguy

Agoodguy Fapstronaut

It's just that watching you guys argue was interesting and kinda funny at the same time.

13. I like memes @Runtilmylegsdropoff. That's a classic. I often find arguments I have on here amusing. But they are often as pointless as well. Like this one was. Reading comprehension, clarity, and not being easily flustered when a new idea is presented are very good life skills to have. It also makes it easier to be the bigger person. We shall see if Buzz will live up to challenge. An apology will also be helpful.

@stygian I was being purposely vague. There is literally no need since it's all over NoFap. @Star Lord is my boyfriend. We met here. I don't know his exact address but I know his location and he knows mine. People get close here.

14. It seems to me, as a disinterested party, that Buzz was talking to the staff about existing forums and the possible addition of sub forums. There is also the Title: Sub Forums for Single Guys, Couples, Gays Etc.

However, HC went off at a tangent, talking about groups (and this site not being a dating site). So, what does anyone think about the title and the opening post?

15. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

So you used the site for dating but it's not okay for others to do so?

I doubt that single heterosexual males are the majority, I would say it's a very small minority.

16. No I didn't use it as a dating site, in the fact a boyfriend was the last thing I wanted. But it happened and I'm happy. :)
    A singles heterosexual guy group/sub-forum would not run into a problem.

17. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

and WHY NOT hetrosexual single FEMALES, why would WE be excluded?

18. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

Anyway, the idea sounds interesting, yes, and I can see some of your points in the first post!

19. Because we aren't worthy of one. Minority = don't need one. Classic oppression tactic

Women here @stygian
    That's what minority means. Which was my point.

Tesslynne likes this.