1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

SUCIDIAL THOUGHT

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by R_ cov _ery47, Apr 24, 2020.

1. R_ cov _ery47

R_ cov _ery47 Fapstronaut

I can't believe am saying this out loud,For the past 2 weeks all I think about is committing suicide,I feel so empty and worthless, no one even calls or texts me.
    Only 23 and I feel like am a disappointment , haven't achieved anything in life. Thought of killing myself have been in my head and I can't even get past it.
    Though am working, My co-workers barely speak to me,just got demoted from my position at work too.
    Can't even talk about girls, cause no girl will like me. Worst part was I tried to talk to my friend cause I trust him, and he just laughed at me saying am cursed,and I feel like I have Lost hope in life itself. Just thinking about sucidie.
    HELP ME GUYS!!!

MikeCR95 and Yes-i-can like this.
  2. Randy Andy

Randy Andy Fapstronaut

If you haven't called the suicide hotline maybe you'd be willing to, I'd encourage you to consider it. After doing that if you'd like to talk to me as a fellow addict who has recovered but not been cured (I still have the same problem and defects as well as a solution that has worked 2600 days in a row today) just personal message me.

OCPD likes this.
  3. bobous2.5

bobous2.5 Fapstronaut

Hy
    i m in this habbit since 13 old , now I m 18
    my best record is 9 day
    today is my 7nth day
    I need someone with whom i can share daily talks

4. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

First of all, cut that bot (robot) you call a friend off asap. Sounds like you lack self confidence. Things like eating healthy and excersise are fast ways to change your mood. Look up "alkaline foods" eat more of those and cut down your "acid foods" basically processed junk foods. And go outside and get some sun and excersie at least 15 mins of sun and 30 mins of excersie to start. Good luck!

5. If you want to talk, you can message me. I am ready to listen. Also your friend is not a good person the way he behaved, I suggest not wasting energy on him.

OCPD likes this.
  6. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

Look at this forum, see you are not alone. We have all been there. Talking about these things is a good first step. Keep talking.

SaibaSakaki and OCPD like this.
  7. Beamer

Beamer Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

My Journal
    Hello,

I’m sorry to hear that you are struggling. Rebooting has its ups and downs, just like life. We see many people experiencing both the ups and downs during the reboot, and though it may be hard to see now, these feelings you are having won’t last forever. It will get better with time, if you are patient and wait.

In the meantime, please seek professional help. I know the idea of calling a helpline might terrify you, but in times of crisis, we often need someone their to put our lives in perspective. So please contact someone who can help and don’t hang up on them. The International Association for Suicide Prevention maintains a list of suicide prevention hotlines for countries all over the world. Also, if you don’t feel up to actually talking to someone on the phone, StopSuicide maintains a list of online instant messaging and chat suicide prevention resources.

You are not alone in this. There are ways to treat depression. Please contact people that can help you. Being depressed often makes it feel like you don’t have any more options. But that is a lie. That is just the depression talking. These feelings you have won’t last forever. We are in this with you, and we will all be cheering for you to get through this!

-Beamer
    NoFap Moderation Team

SaibaSakaki and Fullyawake like this.
  8. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

if possible seek therapy. therapy helped me a lot. why do you think no girl will like you?

yup likes this.
  9. PopularLoner

PopularLoner Fapstronaut

Hey man! Why are you feeling so entitled? Why do you feel someone needs to call you or text you to check up on you why don't you call anyone first and check up on them, why don't you say hi to your coworkers and ask them how their night was? Huh? Everything you wrote here is just you! you! you! ... So selfish us humans. There is a pandemic going on and people are actually dying around the world and those who aren't dead are either starving or trying to survive like rats cause they don't work anymore to sustain their hand to mouth lifestyle they live. And you are here worrying about calls or texts from a few people you probably wouldn't give a fuck about if you won the lottery right now. Why do you feel worthless? What is it that you've really wanted to achieve all your life that you have actually put your time into? I mean really put your time into and failed? Probably nothing too.
    Your feelings are temporary, inaccurate and self-contained. They only exist in the moment they arise. They kind of suck at the whole truth thing(yes the human mind manipulates). And they are wholly and solely experienced only by you, not by the world or the universe. You probably feel you are so entitled to everything that is good that's why you let your feelings get to you, manipulate you and makes you feel like it's you against the world or some shit like that, well guess what buddy it's not, the world doesn't give a fuck! Nobody does! The world is a terrible place filled with adversities and set backs, downfalls and failures are all around us. Listen Life will never conform to all our desires. Ever! You can either get good at dealing with this fact or good at avoiding it. You don't have to prove anything to anybody, ever. Including yourself. So create proper values for yourself that will stay even after you have gone and left this earth when your time comes.

We can only be truly successful at something we're willing to fail at. If we're unwilling to fail, then we're unwilling to succeed. Like sure, we'd all like to live a life of high fives and ticker tape parades, but good results don't happen without a fair share of the bad.
    If you think it's you against the world, chances are it's really just you against yourself.
    No life can be permanently ruined because no living conscious person lacks choice, perception and determination. No matter how bad things get, you are always able to choose to make them better.

So my friend do what is right, choose life, accept your failures they are all you've got and learn from them! Use them!

Make someone other than yourself proud of you that's the real meaning of living!

Hero's Journey, R_ cov _ery47 and Lau like this.
  10. Lau

Lau Fapstronaut

Hey brother, life can be tough and I felt the same way as you did before. Is not worth cutting yourself man. Your life has meaning. God put us here for a reason man. Your friends might also be struggling in life and they have their own fair share of problems as well. This feeling might be temporary.

If you still have negative thought plz seek professional help man.

11. Selix

Selix Fapstronaut

there is a saying:

god only gives us battles that we can handle

looks like you are a greater man than I am, as we all are

cut off this fake friend from your life... he is sucking out your hapiness

I had suicidal thoughts too because I didnt know what my purpose was, I was just drifting with my boat through the sea of life not knowing what port I should sail to

find your purpose even just set small goals at first and then another and another

I hope I could help you

stay strong brother

12. I'm not a share-your-feelings kind of guy, but I can't stop thinking about you. You have worth!
    You're so young! I know you don't think so, I know I didn't when I was 23. I actually told myself that if I didn't have a girlfriend by the time I was 30, I would end it all. I even had great friends at the time. I was a dope o_O

I want you to know that there is an end to your depression. I'm 53 now, with a loving wife and four daughters. You've got to hang on! Get help! Know that we all are here for you. And I only joined today.

13. JustAddThyme

JustAddThyme Fapstronaut

Hey brother,

Sorry that your having these thoughts.

What it seems like to me is that the circle you yearn for is being put so high up on a pedestal that it's making it impossible for you to reach it!
    The most important thing to realize is that how you feel on the inside will reflect on the outside. It seems like you may have gone through some events in your life that may have affected you self confidence, but fear not my friend for you have proven your worth.

You proved your worth by joining NoFap and by being brave enough to tell us that your depressed.
    Deep down you know that suicide isn't the answer so your cry for help is a clear cut sign that you are a WARRIOR!

Now, as for things that may help.
    Self confidence is one of those things that needs to be worked on.
    I hate using the terms "alpha" and "beta" and I'm not going to here, but all people who are "alpha" have at one point or another been faced with adversities.
    It's not how you react to a problem its how you solve it.

That being said, we're all human beings at the end of the day, no ones perfect and no ones better than anyone else.
    The fact of the matter is, life has many different kinds of people each with a unique mission and role in this world.
    You never know, this time for you may be a blessing in disguise which will lead ultimately lead you to a happy, successful and prosperous life.
    You, being the WARRIOR that you are must find your path and in order to do that you must first love yourself.

Find a hobby, engage with people you normally wouldn't engage with, take yourself out of your comfort zone and I promise good things will come.

The time is now and the time is yours WARRIOR!

14. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

So i've also had this train of thought, but have you ever heard the saying you only need to win once?
    You could live your whole life being a fucking loser, but if you land a great girlfriend and a good life then did the past even matter?
    Right now its hard, but you got to keep going for that special moment in your life, and trust me it will come, but you have to be prepared.

Hero's Journey and Gmork like this.
  15. OCPD

OCPD Fapstronaut

You are not alone, my friend. I have had these thoughts come into my mind throughout my life, sometimes haunting me daily. Just remember they are only thoughts and you do not have to believe in or act out on every thought that enters your mind. Usually these suicidal thoughts are a symptom of extreme despair and hopelessness, a sense of meaninglessness in life.

I would strongly suggest writing down such thoughts in a journal; this will help to purge them from your head so they are not so noisy and prominent. It's also a great idea to open up about how you're feeling. If you can't do that with anyone in person, you can always do that here on this forum; there are plenty of kind and loving people on here who are also on a tough journey but willing to help others along the way. Try some activities that make you feel good, like you've accomplished something … perhaps vigorous exercise or something creative like painting, drawing, or writing a short story or poem. For the last few years I have found art to be extremely therapeutic(in fact, my avatar is one of my older paintings).

Another natural way to brighten your mood is to get outside and bask in sunlight, breathe in some fresh air. It can take some effort to go for a brisk walk on a sunny day, but the mental and physical rewards are well worth it, believe me.

I am wishing the best for you and hope to read about your future goals and aspirations. Things will get better I promise.

tout ça pour ça likes this.
  16. R_ cov _ery47

R_ cov _ery47 Fapstronaut

Thanks brother

17. PopularLoner

PopularLoner Fapstronaut

18. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

19. JesusDied4me

JesusDied4me Fapstronaut

I know I'm late to the game on this conversation, but I just wanted to let you know that Jesus loves you and I'll be praying for you! Don't give up on life.

20. JesusDied4me

JesusDied4me Fapstronaut

Revelation 21:4 - And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.