1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sudden nausea during very cold showers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Angus McGyver, Nov 26, 2019.

Have you ever felt ill from really cold showers? (8°C or below)

Poll closed Dec 10, 2019.
  1. Yes, I actually have

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I have never felt ill from that

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I have been cold-showering regularly for the past six months so I am not a beginner to this practice as of now but I have felt quite ill during the past month as the water pouring has become much colder, which of course is due to natural reasons (since the ground-water has become much colder).
    The showering-water is really cold as of now (only 4-6 °C) and I really have to grit my teeth in order to endure three minutes of this cold hell but after about two minutes, I start to feel a sudden and mighty nausea that almost makes me throw up on the spot.

Have any of you experienced this and could it be a side-effect of slight hypothermia perhaps?

Son of Midgaard likes this.
  2. hmm i am not a doctor but at the temps you say maybe your body is telling you to take a break from it for awhile

3. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I don't know about that because the nausea is just temporary and as soon as I get through the worst pain around 2-3 minutes, it abates a little again and goes away completely as I switch it to warm for 30 seconds.

4. Just do not do that in morning, before breakfast. In morning you got low pulse rate, so if you take cold shower then it will even lower more your pulse, can stop your heart, or lose you consciousness.

Can be from too low blood sugar, temporary problem with blood circulation, or your vagus nerve being stimulated too well.