1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Suffering From Side effects of Covid.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by iamShinra, Jul 17, 2021.

1. iamShinra

iamShinra Fapstronaut

My entire family was infected by covid in the beginning of may and we got discharged within a week as we almost recovered. I lost my taste and smelling From the first week of april And still didn't get my senses back. Instead I only get one disgusting smell everywhere whether it is food, coffee or anything and followed by that same disgusting taste every food item. I'm a student So I study for hours and having a delicious meal is an reward for me. But due to this wierd taste and smell I feel so frustrated and stressed out. Please let me know your views

2. Bro I recovered my taste and smell after 6 months that is this june, I know the taste isn't the same anymore. I understand the weird taste and smell it takes time, You might observe probably only sweets taste good. So stay Patient.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  3. it'll take a few months, there's not much you can do about it now

helloguyz likes this.
  4. she-dernatinus

she-dernatinus Fapstronaut

It will return with time, until then take vitamins to help your body recover.

CarP likes this.
  5. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Yes but is just temporary then you will recover the delicious taste again.

CarP likes this.
  6. A reward isn't the only way to deal with stress. In a way this is an opportunity to not be so identified with the senses, unfortunately it isn't associated with PMO but associated with food but the general principal applies. The thing is most people will not take it as an opportunity to develop more mental clarity and realize you can know the sensory information isn't real, if the person can't be bothered to think that deeply about or appreciate that then they won't be able to harness the value of that.

In short, things are not what they appear to be.

7. Spiritual Redemption

Spiritual Redemption Fapstronaut

Hi there brother

Sorry to hear that you're down with the 'Rona. I had it about two weeks ago, and it really messed me up. I believe that when we're sick, it really affects us on every level, so expect that your emotions and thinking is also going to be heavily strained. I think the only thing you can do is have patience and ride this out. Be good to yourself, you're sick. Sleep a lot, don't push yourself, eat well, and stay hydrated. Reach out and stay in contact with as many loving people that are important in your life as you can. Corona can be difficult, lonely, and you can certainly feel isolated. Staying connected with loved ones really helped me get through it. Know that this isn't easy, but many have gone through it. I have. It was horrible, but know that it will pass and you will feel better soon. Also be aware that you'll be very vulnerable to urges, as you're not yourself. Good luck brother and wish you a speedy recovery.

CarP likes this.