1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer body?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by brassknucks, Apr 26, 2021.

1. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Anyone working on their Summer body now? I know lots of people have gained some lockdown weight.

2. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

Yeah I am upping the intensity a little. I'm not trying to win any body building competitions, just trying to drop 5 to 10 pounds so my abs really pop.

On the workout side I've been doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu 4 to 5 days a week, and I've been doing the exercise bike in the morning 3 days a week. I do pushups and situps pretty much ever day.

On the diet side of things I haven't done anything crazy, just common sense stuff like reducing fat and sugar intake.

brassknucks likes this.
  3. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Always working on the summer body brother

Garek, Rev2.0, CarP and 1 other person like this.
  4. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Bro always summer body

Garek, Rev2.0, CarP and 2 others like this.
  5. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

In my country some gained lockdown weight too - in my case I gained weight with muscles lol :D I started with workouts since July 2020. I could beat depressions, lost bodyfat and now I can see some shapes around stomach, arms, legs and chest. Before I had a weight with ca. 75 kg. Meanwhile it is around 80 kg but that is because of muscle-growth and -gain. Can't wait for the summer, I hope this covid-shit goes back a bit so vacations become possible.

brassknucks and Rev2.0 like this.
  6. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I am really curbing my carb intake and alcohol consumption. The booze part is tough, I really like my booze especially on a Friday night!

7. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Also back to running a lot. Ran 6 miles on Sunday and yesterday I ran 8 miles. Resting today.

Zephon likes this.
  8. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Had a great workout this weekend, ran 8 miles on Saturday and 10 miles on Sunday. Still trying to lean down some more. Trying to get to 70 Kilos.

9. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Day sarging going good, gals saying hi back to me after I open them.

10. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I think I might be down 5 lbs, but have not weighed myself.

11. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Greatly curbed my drinking, tough life. lol

12. Inloverber

Inloverber Fapstronaut

Geez yeah that is true. I gained a lot and I really want to lose weight. I want to bring back my body 5 years ago :D
    I started to do Intermittent Fasting but was not able to sustain it. Now I am thinking to do it again.

brassknucks likes this.
  13. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Another good workout weekend. Ran 10 miles on Saturday and 8 miles Sunday(today). I really wanted to cut it short on my run today but I fought through wanting to quit. Got a lot of great sunlight since I ran sans shirt. Trying to get down to single digit bodyfat percentage, my face is looking a lot slimmer, lol.

70 Kilo's target bodyweight, here I come!!!:emoji_punch::emoji_metal:

14. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Less than 2 months till Summer! Keep pushing to burn off that lockdown weight gain.

15. SocratesTheKing

SocratesTheKing Fapstronaut

No summer body for me. Strength train year round.

I go through phases where I am working on lowering my heart rate and trying to increase my VO2 max, then an all strength phase, and then a recovery phase where its a lot of mobility and flexibility, during the last phase strength and cardio is on maintenance. I never try to cut that little bit of belly fat. I just want to have the most efficient body that I can.

On the vanity side, this approach helps me look good in a t-shirt or a fitted suit all year round.

brassknucks likes this.
  16. "Down at the breach - I'm a lucky man - I'm the only one - who gets a tan" -Weird Al, Fat.

Seriously though I'm working on it a bit more but mostly it hasn't been about the shape but physiology. I've been getting sun and upped my vitamin D significantly and probably other things I haven't tested for due to cost/not knowing if the tests are even available.

brassknucks likes this.
  17. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

My face is a lot less fat looking now. :DAfter upping my exercise levels and curbing my eating.

SocratesTheKing likes this.
  18. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

I keep decent condition year round, so that I don't have to do too much to get in excellent shape:

The problem with a "summer body" is that it is limited to summer as the name implies and too many people let themselves go too much because they will get disciplined and on a diet "right before summer".

People underestimate how much body fat they have to lose.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2021
    brassknucks likes this.
  19. Not really summer body but I am trying to get fitter.

Mr. 94 feet and brassknucks like this.
  20. Looking good, my man.
    I checked out your website, saw the article on squatting....I agree with every damn word you wrote.