1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Summertime Blues

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Smaky, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Smaky

Smaky Fapstronaut

Hey all,

So being a college student summertime is not as much fun as it used to be. I pretty much work all day and once in a while I'll hang out with my friends that are still around, but not too often. The worst part, though, is the lack of contact with females. During the school year, you can meet and talk to girls all the time--in the dorms, classes, etc. But in summer, I barely get any contact with girls, and when I do, they're my friends' girlfriends. Because of this, it's hard to know if this rebooting process is making a difference in terms of how I view women.

On a related side note, there was this girl I met through some of my friends a few weeks before last semester ended. She was really nice and I really liked her, and I think she liked me too. We talked quite a bit and hung out with our mutual friends, but I never got a good opportunity to ask her on a date before finals hit and the semester ended. I've kind of lost all contact with her since then; while I know I'll be able to see her again once I move back to college, I want to keep in contact at least a little bit. I just don't want to be that guy who sends the "Hey what's up" texts. Any advice?

2. I ain't in college. I can relate though. I'm 16, in high school and no contact with girls. But I don't see the problem with a "What's up" text. It shows you care. What's wrong with that? But take my advice with a grain of salt. I ain't been there before. Good luck and good job on 22 days.

Smaky likes this.