1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Supplements

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by ModernRoman, Jan 10, 2018.

1. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Creatine can help marginally. Just make sure your liver is healthy and you drink extra water, especially around times of dosing it. You don't need to load it, and you don't need more than 3g per day. Expect to gain 5-8 lbs. of bodyweight in two-three weeks time. That's extra water in the muscle, which your muscle is already 70 percent water. You'll have opened up pathways for nutrient shuttling into the muscle, increased leverages, and better muscular energy production.

BCAA's are a total waste of money. They are not even useful for warding off catabolism when fasting. This is a myth that needs to die. Just read into some of the current literature on the matter.

2. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

As an aside, the l-theanine is quite nice. It really has been taking the edge off for me. I spilled a whole tub of cocoa powder on the kitchen floor yesterday. That stuff is hard to clean up. I didn't get mad at all. Some days, I'm prone to lose it from things like that for about 30 seconds. Sleep is pretty solid, too, with it.

3. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

proteolytic enzymes for inflammation and recovery. Wobenzym, Repair by Enzymedica. Just remember to take it on an empty stomach.

4. Avias

Avias Fapstronaut

I was talking about Tribulus, there are no medical evidence that it boost anything. It's clearly fake supplement

5. According to google tribulus may boost libido but not testosterone. I would think that taking it would be counterproductive to the goals of NoFap.

6. Avias

Avias Fapstronaut

Yes it can, but mostly for women with sexual dysfunctions

7. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Not if I have a wife and low libido to begin with. Why am I justifying my use of a supplement I no longer take online to you, anyhow? Yous should mind your cazzis, ffs.

8. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

And Avias, you know jack. It's an aphrodisiac for men and women alike. Didn't care for the sides, though.

9. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

So now, to put it bluntly, put my use of tribulus or lack thereof on your pay no mind list. Could do without the inquisitions and smug reports from one of a million articles.

10. Avias

Avias Fapstronaut

most of supplements are waste of money, get on a better diet, eat more veggies and you'll find out that your wallet is even in better condition

TreeGuy likes this.
  11. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Thanks for the sage advice, smh. I'm pretty damn fit/healthy, regardless of my hormonal panel being anomalous. I won't have a pissing contest with you, but I'll humbly state my fitness walks the walk. But I'll take your sage and unsolicited advice, anyhow.

You may want to amend your statement, though. Purported bodybuilding supplements are a waste of money. Supplements for nootropic, micronutrient augmenting, and organ health are not always...

12. Maybe it was unnecessary to post that statement about tribulus. I was just trying to help the community.

*minds cazzis*

13. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Yeh, my ass. You liked that cazzis line, did ya? Feel free to use it. It's even more fun to say it.

14. Avias

Avias Fapstronaut

I was just trying to say that if you use supplements you'll have gains but just for a short time and I know that from my experience.
    You can take whole galoons of vitamins, proteins etc. but after month or two you'll be back at the start.

You won't say he's in great shape as he should be, right?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  15. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

By all means ignore the fact 'supplements' is a huge category and a generalization. Just in term of the ones that are nutritional, if you don't exercise whether that's physical or mental you won't see any results. There are situations where people are deficient in particular things -or- it's just off balance, simple examples would be calcium and magnesium or sodium and potassium. It's a question of ratio then. As a line of reasoning supplements are useless is just as unreasonable as supplements are always good.

16. Multi
    Fish oil 3g
    B complex
    D due to deficiency. 1/3rd of us are

Dopamine brain food by natural stacks, you guys should try it!

17. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

General:
    Fish oil
    Multivitamin

Gym related:
    Whey protein
    Creatin

18. ClaudeDuval

ClaudeDuval Fapstronaut

99% of supplements are a complete waste of money. Vitamin D3 is decent(most of us are deficient), Some kind of fish oil / EFA supplement is okay, and as far as things for weight training... Creatine barely does anything, many people just end up getting bloated and gassy from it but Creatine monohydrate is so cheap its worth a try I guess. Spend your money at the grocery store instead of trying to use pills and powders. Whole food is best... Training is all about diet, sleep, and hormones. https://ibb.co/dGx2wU Kept it natty here just eating more but still had decent arm size and vascularity in the biceps and forearms.

19. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

I agree that a lot can be done by eating more of the right things but powder and shakes make things a lot easier sometimes (while sticking to a good diet).

20. Fap 5 Freddy

Fap 5 Freddy Fapstronaut

Omega-3 dismissed as next to useless recently
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/omega-3-supplements-dont-help-prevent-disease-2018-7