1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Swallowing The Bitter Pill

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by DanForABetterLife, Jun 24, 2020.

1. DanForABetterLife

DanForABetterLife Fapstronaut

I’m not rich. I’m not great looking. I’m not overwhelming in confidence. I’m not free. I’m still living in my parents' house. I don’t have many friends. I don’t have a girlfriend whom I can share intimate moments with. I don’t have many people that care about me. This... is my current life.

I’m not rich. Even I have a new car (provided by my parents), even I have a good place to stay in (a mini-mansion as I call it and almost all the things that I wish is in here), even I have graduated in a prestigious University. Even if I have the means to go to places. Even I can eat the food that I want for my nutrition. These things don’t provide me richness in life and fulfillment. Though these things provide me comfort and leisure, I still long for something that would provide enrichment in my life.

I’m not great looking. I can say that I am better looking than average. And I have spare time to exercise and focus on my nutrition. However, due to the current problems that I am facing and the ongoing transition toward a healthier life, I don’t feel much energetic and happy, which greatly affects my vibrance and resilience that affects my physical appearance.

I’m not free. I still live at my parents' house. I still depend on them for my well being. And as payback, I do things for them, small errands and short requests.

I don’t have many people to share what I really feel in the inside. I don’t have people to care for me when I am really down and sad. Some of my friends laughed at me after sharing this forum with them. That made me feel that I don’t have the same sexual values with them and this made me want to find friends that would be walking the same path as me. I also want to have a romantic relationship, but I want to learn more about myself and be free from this addiction so I may fully share myself and not just use a woman for gratifying my fantasies.

All of these things... I accept.
    There are no shortcuts in living a fulfilling life. As I continue rebuilding my life no matter how slow and no matter how big the obstacles are. I must swallow the bitter truth to the consequences that I have made in the past. And retain focus in the present, as the now that we are in is all I have.

I made this thread to share the bitter truths that I am facing. And for those people who want to face the truth in their lives. Feel free to share them here. Let’s support each other in having a fulfilling life.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  2. One of the hardest things in life is when you have everything that you thought would make you happy, and you're still not. As a quote I enjoy says, ''If that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find without."

3. Bk1241

Bk1241 Fapstronaut

Learn to pursue and have a life. It starts with the bitter reality you have come to accept. Now you have to come up with the steps and the path to remedy those. What is your plan to come out of this?

DanForABetterLife and Timecop like this.
  4. Timecop

Timecop Fapstronaut

I'm sure nobody in this forum is.

You want a GF? One thing I learned is, that's its mostly about attitude than look.

Nofap is definitively the best way to start gaining confidence.

That's great. A good nutrition seems helping me so far. No more sugar, junk food and fat.

5. Do you think feeling sorry for yourself will solve your problems?

6. So your Journey started. I want to see how you will grow in the future. Accepting weakness is the only way to gain true strength and that's what you did and will be doing.

DanForABetterLife likes this.
  7. DanForABetterLife

DanForABetterLife Fapstronaut

No. But it provided me a way to ground myself. To accept reality and to rebuild what I have lost. Back then I was a great kid, now, I am just a normal person or even lower in terms of confidence, financial status, physical appearance. This post was a way for me to release my feelings. It was a way to face my reality now and make plans on how to have the life that I want instead of running away from the bad emotions and negative self-talk.

8. Just do yourself a favor and stay away from the Blackpill.

9. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

materialistic is not same as fullfillness, they only give temporary joy, u need to find what is giving u true joy

also dont stress on ur looks. You, me, everyone, we are attractive to some and unattractive to others. Beauty is subjective!

as well as, a relationship based solely on looks is doomed to fail. I would rather date a girl that's "average looking" with a great personality rather than a "hot girl" with a bad personality. Theres plenty of fish in the sea regardless!

10. What is the life you want?

11. jt850

jt850 Fapstronaut

I can relate to this. Hits really close to home. I feel weird having almost graduated college at the age of 19. Like being ahead feels weird for me. I still live with my parents who house and feed me. Stay strong and keep moving on bro