1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking back what sexual addiction has stolen from me

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Rigel7, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Rigel7

Rigel7 Fapstronaut

Hi everyone. I'm 23 year old male and have been struggling with a P addiction since I was about 11 years old. I've been addicted for so long and would have PMO'd pretty much daily (often more than once a day). I'm not sure how deeply this has affected my life, but it's so hard to tell. The addiction has run far too deep.

This year, my addiction got worse. I've never had a girlfriend and P just wasn't satisfying things anymore so I started to visit prostitutes/massage parlours every 3-4 weeks. I would be blowing hundreds of dollars (which I couldn't really affordably sustain) and I didn't care or know how to stop from that.

Things came crashing down on me three weeks ago. I accepted a friend request on Facebook from an attractive woman I didn't know and we started webcamming. All the alarm bells should have been ringing, but I was too horny I didn't care. Ultimately, there was no real woman on the other end of webcam - it was an anonymous criminal who recorded our webcam session and started blackmailing me for money.

This was the last straw for me to realise how serious my addiction had become. I couldn't keep things secret anymore. I lost some money and had to resign from my job and community leadership positions (because moral integrity was a part of those roles). Even though the blackmail never got leaked, I've lost so much social standing. I'm now unemployed, staying at home and spending most of my time visiting counselors/psychologists.

So here I am at NoFap. The last time I PMO'd was 17th July, but I have had edging moments since then. I really hope no other Fapstronauts' journeys descends to depths similar to mine, but now I have to change. Addictions to P and sex have robbed my life and they won't be taking anything more from me any longer.

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Rigel --

Welcome, I'm glad you're here. And I'm so sorry for the terrible things that have happened to you. Thank God, you've come here, because I think you'll find a lot of support. You aren't the only one here who has seen everything blow up as you described.

Don't let anything discourage you! It won't be easy, but you can and will climb back up, and go higher than before. And you can overcome PMO. A lot of us have. It takes work, but stick with it.

Let me know what I can do to help.