1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking on this new challenge

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Single Palm Change, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Hello World

I am excited about taking this challenge.

I am recovering drug addict, ex-smoker and I am still battling anxiety and depression.
    I have currently abstained from regular drug use for 10 months, as well as quitting smoking cigarettes for 9 months.
    I have been trying to change my life for the better for all this time - but I was not really aware of the influence of PMO might have - until today, where I studied the topic extensively.

I must say, I am intruiged and excited as the info corroborates with my existing knowledge gathered through working out, meditation, therapy and counseling.

Maybe this is the last brick in the puzzle for me to really get my life back.
    Thank you for this opportunity.

Ayjaydubya likes this.
  2. Hey!

Welcome to the group! If you haven't yet download the "getting started" guide, I'd recommend it.

L

Single Palm Change likes this.
  3. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Thanks, I read it. Good info, nicely presented. Nearing end of day 1, so far so good!

4. Ayjaydubya

Ayjaydubya Fapstronaut

This is a great first step! I hope you find this forum a source for help and healing.

The solution is not to suppress our thoughts and desires, for this would be impossible; it would be like trying to keep a pot of water from boiling by pressing down tightly on the lid. The only sensible approach is to train ourselves to observe our thoughts without following them. This deprives them of their compulsive energy and is therefore like removing the pot of boiling water from the fire.
    ~ Thubten Yeshe, Introduction to Tantra

Single Palm Change likes this.