1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Talk to me if you're feeling down

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by scote73, Nov 9, 2016.

1. scote73

scote73 Fapstronaut

If you're feeling alone, without a soul in the world to talk to, feel free to PM me. I understand how hard it is to feel like you can't talk to anyone about anything - my destiny in this world is to be that person that people come to when they need someone to listen.

I can't promise to give you advice, but I will promise you my time, my compassion, and a deep respect for your feelings.

2. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

Ok, what was your motive to become that person? Out of sheer curiosity, I am wondering, why did you engage in such an altruistic act. I think the conversation with oneself is most important of all, but I'm glad you are willing to do that for the people. I myself found in emotionally devastating times definitely talked it out with a friend, which may be a temporary relief, but long term I haven't changed fundamentally. That's why the conversation with oneself is crucial :)

3. I Free I

I Free I Guest

your very much appreciated ! everything gets a return ...

4. mcrcvrng

mcrcvrng Fapstronaut

I'm up for the same as far as rebooting goes. I have limited time and from past experience I've found it's easy for it to become a social thing, but our common purpose here is to overcome this addiction. I do appreciate your intent and making yourself available.

5. scote73

scote73 Fapstronaut

I do what I do because it most accurately coincides with my personal values, and is most true to my authentic self. I recently discovered that this is how I've always been, and I must start living up to that.

I've learned a great deal about empathy in the past year or so, by experiencing it on both ends (giving it, and receiving it). I understand that by giving empathy correctly, it helps others harness their own inner strength and creative channel. I still have very much to learn, sure, but I must practice empathy regularly in order to master it. What better way to practice than by helping others who need empathy?

Last but not least, it is my job to show people the power of empathy, not just through spoken word but through example. I believe the world will become a better place when more and more people discover the empathy that lives within themselves, and pays it forward.