1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Telling your partner - it's good to talk

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Longtime27, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Longtime27

Longtime27 Fapstronaut

I wanted to share this on success stories page because, despite a few tears and a feeling of utter shame looming over me at the time, I managed to tell my female partner who i'd been dating about my PMO addiction. It felt both horrible yet soothing to be honest and open about it. She didn't fully understand the perspective and why it was such a big deal to me, but she listened and thanked me for being so open.

I feel that it brought us closer and I hope that my brain will continue to remember the feelings of shame having to admit it to her, so that at moments of weakness I can recall those memories. The aim of being here is of course to be rid of this addiction, but admission and talking it through with someone near and dear are vital steps in the journey. I don't want to have to admit such flaws to someone who I am trying to impress, and I hope that feeling of shame and embarrassment will be further impetus to continue to eradicate PMO out of my life.

I urge others to be brave, and take that leap. Talk to your partner and let them know how you feel, and how you desire to change for the better. If they care about you, they will thank you for your open-ness and seek to support you.

2. DieselGuy2915

DieselGuy2915 Fapstronaut

Very good advice. I wish I would have followed this from the beginning.