1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Temporal Discipline

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Ghost in the Shell, Apr 2, 2020.

1. This is the Temporal Discipline challenge. It is the equivalent to financial discipline but applied to time, 'tempus' meaning 'time' in Latin. The goal is to spend time wisely.

Unlike with money, everybody has more or less the same time budget. I copied my approach to time from somebody I can't quite remember but here it is: every day is divided into 100 blocks of 10 minutes each - the remaining 7 hours 20 minutes are allocated for sleep.

For each day, I draw a 10x10 grid where each cell corresponds to one 10min block. I use coloured pencils to fill the cells as time passes. There are three types of cells and three corresponding colours.

Red means waste; the time expense that was without much benefit and if the discipline were stronger, it wouldn't have occurred. Ideally there would be zero red cells.

Blue means maintenance; the time expense that is necessary for sustaining life - food, hygiene and (depending on the individual) work. The number of blue cells must be non-zero however it should not take up 100% otherwise we stagnate.

Green means investment; the time expense that has no immediate benefit but will payoff later, improving our health, abilities, knowledge, character, etc. It includes studying, building relationships, working out, practicing skills and so forth. The number of green cells should be as high as possible.

If you'd like, join in and share your red, blue and green counts for each day. Hopefully the daily check-ins will lead to improvements over time.

Let's keep this running for April and see what happens.

2. April 1st

Red: 65
    Blue: 35
    Green: 0

3. April 2nd
    Red: 72
    Blue: 27
    Green: 1

4. April 3rd
    Red: 59
    Blue: 39
    Green: 2

5. April 4th
    Red: 93
    Blue: 6
    Green: 1

6. Karnakavach555

Karnakavach555 Fapstronaut

This is a good challenge. Let me see whether i can do it or not. I shall try it some days before take up the challenge.

7. April 5th
    Red: 97
    Blue: 3

8. April 6th
    Red: 98
    Blue: 2

Time to make some changes before it's too late.

9. April 7th
    Red: 85
    Blue: 12
    Green: 3

10. Karnakavach555

i tried it but felt like- i am not yet ready for this challenge.
    This much detailed planning is difficult for me, for my present state of development. It may be possible in future.

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  11. As you can see I dropped it as well.

Karnakavach555 likes this.
  12. Karnakavach555

Even though it is difficult, the idea of 'winning the life in small blocks 10 minutes' is great.
    It told me about the importance of dividing things into small chunks and do it. Thank you. Lets keep this thread here. Somebody else may also get benefited.