1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Temptation when showering/bathing?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by trickydicky, May 29, 2015.

1. trickydicky

trickydicky Fapstronaut

I'm only a couple of days in, and this isn't an issue for me yet, but I was wondering: are you guys tempted while showering or bathing? I mean, hygiene is hygiene after all, and soap won't lather itself.

Do you find the cold showering method helpful to deter any urges? (I've taken many a cold shower and strangely feel hornier afterwards, but maybe that's just me!)

Stay strong everyone.

2. thebishone

thebishone Fapstronaut

Showering has always been my problem with PMO. I'm on a 5 day streak right now (woohoo!) and I just recently starting timing myself. Like I gave myself only five minutes to take a shower, and that was very effective. Maybe it would work for you? I never like the cold shower thing because I enjoy showers and being clean, and cold showers are not fun! I hope it all goes well for you!

3. mv8652

mv8652 Fapstronaut

I just use self-discipline to wash my genitals quickly. I can't stand cold showers, and I do well without them. Nearly two weeks ago, on my Day 22, my electric power went off early in the morning. Since my water heater is tankless, I had to take a cold shower. It was awful! I don't need anything that bad to avoid fapping. However, for those men who find them helpful, do whatever floats your boat.

4. trickydicky

trickydicky Fapstronaut

Yes, timing the shower is a good idea - I hadn't thought of that!

5. trickydicky

trickydicky Fapstronaut

Yes, I don't mind cold showers, but I like to be able to choose when I have them!