1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

That feeling that you get...that feel...when you try to stop!

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by thatsingleindividual#K-13, Mar 22, 2019.

1. I feel like there is a simple answer to this simple question, a purely biological one I think, as well as psychological. I know this is simple because I believe we've all been here.
    What is it when you stop masturbating and you do so for some time. For some, the absence comes and hits someone at different times, depending on who they are and how long they've been doing it.
    You go without fapping for some time and you're doing pretty good, when all of a sudden there is this terrible tension. Your genitals are tightening and tingling, and the pressure is mounting.
    This feels like a purely physical sensation.
    You feel like the only way to solve this problem is just to fap and release the juices.
    I wonder if it is like some sort of withdrawal symptoms when it comes to this sort of thing.

2. Fenston999

Fenston999 Fapstronaut

I don't really know about all the withdrawal stuff. I think that aspect is more mental, with all the fantasizing a person can have. When you go the majority of your post pubescent life masterbating Everytime your sexual energy slightly spikes, then you never learn how to deal with it. when you actually abstain from masterbation for some time it feels really intense cause you never learned how to work with it and control it.

3. gagate

gagate Fapstronaut

Do 6th tibetan rite and cold bath

4. I've been meaning to ask about the cold shower. What does it really do. I've taken cold showers before but that was out of my own free will, struggling with nothing at all.
    How does a cold shower help someone with an addiction?

5. gagate

gagate Fapstronaut

It freezes the passion, but i said cold bath not shower, showers are not that effective

6. Fenston999

Fenston999 Fapstronaut

Think it actually has to do with restricting blood flow in the genital region. Maybe it's just the shock.

7. It definitely takes the urge off. I do it when I need to. And the water doesn't have to be freezing either.

8. Sunny321

Sunny321 Fapstronaut

READY TO DISPOSE WITH YOU THAT THIS IS NOT THE ONLY WAY