1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The 1 year reading challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Awedouble, May 15, 2019.

1. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Thanks for the suggestion. I keep a written journal every now and then; my main fear is that I will write too much here haha ;)

2. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Yeah I hear you, for privacy reasons always switch up the details if that's part of it, the point of the story will still be there.

3. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Think I may have to switch gears to The Body Keeps The Score - trauma is just too relevant to so many people in recovery and just the population in general...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  4. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Just finished Crazy by Earley and on track. I guess reading Anti-Intellectualism in America and this one is making me feel like how people don't appreciate intelligence and wisdom on one hand, and have no compassion for the mentally ill on the other. But it's definitely very eye opening. I feel there is a lot that can be done but of course people also need to pay out of pocket for better care - but programs and treatment are two different things. Ultimately they would need to be integrated but we are likely very far from that, and while not all mentally ill people are violent some are.

5. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Starting over on this. Having to read Hope After Stroke for Caregivers and Survivors.

6. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Going to just update the list on the first page from here on out, I'd imagine people who are really interested will look or just post themselves. Separate section counting since the restart.

7. Arne Saknussemm

Arne Saknussemm Fapstronaut

I really like this. I except the challenge. I am a very slow reader but I shall see what is possible.

8. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Great, I think the thing is to stay on a consistent schedule - so you can just do what is realistic for you and keep reading. You're sure to read a little faster after getting into the practice, you can always read extra books besides the number you decide for the challenge.