1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE 100 DAY SPARTAN CHALLENGE (OPEN)

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Kratos_GOW, Jun 13, 2019.

Are you a warrior.?

1. Yes

816 vote(s)
    63.7%
  2. No, I am loser

32 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. I want to be

434 vote(s)
    33.9%
  1. the alpha project

the alpha project Fapstronaut

Yeah, the chaser effect is real!

Vendidad and Espi1971 like this.
  2. the alpha project

YouTube is the only one I kept. I use it to find self improvement material. It is a slippery slope because one of my triggers is fitness girls. And so some of the fitness girls end up in my feed but I just have to practice and be disciplined and not look at it. At some point you just have to take control. Get rid of as many triggers as possible and then the rest is on you

Vendidad and Espi1971 like this.
  3. the alpha project

Can’t wait to hear what you have on the go!

Vendidad, Espi1971 and fg4795 like this.
  4. the alpha project

Don’t quit. Keep the effort. Each streak is building your momentum.

Vendidad, Risho and Espi1971 like this.
  5. the alpha project

6. the alpha project

Check In Day 1(40)

Hello Spartans,

I’m putting a lot of energy into my research project and doing my best to stay positive. I can see a major milestone in the distance. The first one in a couple of years. It’s hard to wake up every day after all this time and know it’s still going to be a little while longer. It feels like I’ve been swimming in the ocean for two years with no sight of land. It’s been a struggle and the darkest period of my life I believe. I also believe this challenge is what changed my course and got me back on track. But it is so important for me to remember that Nofap and no pmo are only part of the equation. It’s like a sobering up. Then the real work begins. The work on character. On behaviour. On my Self.

Sometime in January I had a very heavy period of darkness. It was worse than the depression I’ve faced before. Even though I was exercising and eating well. It still came to my door. In the past I would self medicate with pot and booze. Which would only make it worse in the end. But this time I chose to take it head on. Fully clean and sober. And for almost two weeks it didn’t improve. And sometimes it was actually worse. But I persevered.

The conditions around me were also terrible. Not just failures in my research. Financial problems. Family problems.

But I persisted. I checked in here every day. I read the posts by my fellow Spartans. I shared openly about how I was feeling. Got some wonderful support. And just kept focused on my belief that I could and would get better.

Nothing externally has changed for me. I still have failures and disasters in my work, finances and family. But I have found a new and unexplored resolve. New levels of faith. New levels of confidence in myself. I wish I could tell you everything around me is better now to inspire you all. To motivate you all to continue with Nofap. But I can’t. That’s not what’s happening in my life right now. I’m still in the storm.

And it’s okay.

Because what I’ve realized is the external conditions do not control my inner experience like they used. Pmo messes that up. It made me a lab rat. Addicted and enslaved to stimulus. Unable to control my urges. Unable to face adversity with a sober mind and body.

Today I understand the Spartan dream of a beautiful death. Of finding an opponent worthy of battle. I am no longer seeing the storm as something that I must hide from. The storm is now a spotlight shining on me and revealing my strength. My power. My faith. My courage.

No pmo offers
    Something Better than making everything perfect in the world around me. It brings me to a place of not needing everything to be perfect around me.

Freedom is not the absence of adversity. It is the power to engage fully in life in the face of it. To not shrink or shy away. To stand tall. Chin up. Chest out and shoulders back.

If you came looking for rainbows and unicorns you are in the wrong place. What you will find here is the capacity to live life on your terms without perfect conditions.

Stay strong Spartans

Vendidad, Davyfreedom, Risho and 3 others like this.
  7. hollyman

hollyman Fapstronaut

day 34

i buy a new clock and it become my morning alarm replacing my phone

and i set a time for no mobile phone at night

and in the morning i only allow to see the phone 30 minutes before i go to work

it seem working tho at least my anxiety to check is lessen now

8. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

9. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Goal 5. Stop taking alprazolam (for life).STATUS 2/19/2020:

Last night I took alprazolam for the last time.

16 weeks ago, I was addicted to this drug. I could not sleep without it.

It is such an addicting and powerful drug that I had to slowly wean myself off of it. It took me 4 months to do it. I went from 2 mg, to 1.5 mg, to 1 mg, to .50 mg, to .25 mg.

I learned, through my own research, that you can't quit this drug cold turkey because it can give you severe withdrawals, including seizures.

Now, however, I'm done: I will no longer use it to sleep. In fact, I will no longer use it AT ALL.

This means I am now taking ZERO prescription drugs.

No PMO: check! October 17, 2019
    No Weed: check! October 2019
    No Testosterone: check! December 1, 2019
    No Alprazolam: check! February 19, 2020

Another drug bites the dust.

Thank you for your support and encouragement Spartans!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  10. bpboy1993

bpboy1993 Fapstronaut

Made to the 100 days then slipped , not back to where I was it was just a minor slip im not beating myself up about it cause I handled it and am moving forward with it, I didn't keep connected to this enough and stress built up and I gave in, so I'll pick up the pieces and carry on, I should probably reset my counter

11. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

One of my favorite workouts is to ride my mountainbike to a little neighborhood park basketball court for jumpropes, pushups, crunches, and rim putbacks. The beneath-the-rim putbacks is by far the most challenging aspect of that workout. 5 minutes of positioning myself at the rim and putting the ball in the basket, as fast and as often and as furious as I am able. No rest, no outside shots whatsoever. I am absolutely winded after 5 minutes of that.

Thank you for your daily insight and encouragement. I appreciate it!

12. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Keep battling. We all lose a little bit of ground from time to time but that doesn't mean we should stop climbing.

Wishing you peace and strength today. You are so damn resilient. You NEVER quit. You never stop climbing.

the alpha project, Vendidad and Risho like this.
  13. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Awesome! You are rising through the ranks, under the radar, and I love it.

the alpha project and Vendidad like this.
  14. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Another platinum post. Thank you!

I think I get what you mean. I've struggled at work long enough to have built up a certain level of resolve and fervor that I never expected to have. I used to give up when I failed. As soon as things got tough, I folded, I escaped, and I blamed.

Now I'm enduring challenge. I'm facing challenge. I'm looking inward, gleaning from others, what I can learn. In some ways I am even accepting myself for being a failure, because failing humbles me, fortifies my resolve, makes me better, wiser, stronger.

Thank you so much for sharing and God Bless you today Spartan legend!

the alpha project and Vendidad like this.
  15. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

I admire your dedication to this challenge, and I appreciate your daily support and encouragement. Thank you for moving forward in this challenge my friend :)

16. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Well congratulations on making it to one 100 days!

I know you have always been candid about your journey and I appreciate that. I also appreciate your sharing challenges and accomplishments throughout your journey.

Wishing you strength and peace and resolve as you move forward.

Thank you for sharing this morning.

17. Day (1)59 checking in.
    Work in progress

Anyway @bpboy1993 congrats on reaching day 100, that's what you should focus on.
    You made it. So you can do this. And you can do this again and maybe even better.
    Maybe you were too much hyped on the 100 goal and reaching this goal drained you some energy because you felt like you were done idk.. still the important thing is that you made it and you'll make it again.
    Go for it my friend

18. Davyfreedom

Davyfreedom Fapstronaut

Those are some great exercise ideas. I'll have to try them out. Thank you for your support and input my friend :)

19. Davyfreedom

Davyfreedom Fapstronaut

Check in day 28. I've been trying to harness the sexual transmutation energy. Yesterday I spent most of the day focusing on work. Instead of focusing on instant gratification/distractions, I thought about what my life could be like if I really started focusing on my goals and ambitions. Has anyone here been able to harness the sexual transmutation energy? Any tips?

20. Thanks for the support bro ...

day 1