1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The 30-Day Positivity Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by tangoalfaromeodelta, Oct 23, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night everyone, today I'm starting a new challenge for us all: not strictly themed around PMO but around improving ourselves in general. I venture that we should try 30 days minimising any unnecessary negativity we create both internally and externally in our lives. In fact, this challenge should probably be called "The No-Negativity Challenge" before "The Positivity Challenge", but I think the latter rolls of the tongue better.

You can go beyond 30 days if you want, that's just a suggestion. You can keep posting in this thread after some 500 days of the challenge if you want.

The point of this challenge is not to become a pushover and let people have their way with us; it's to realise all the pointless complaining we do that gets us nowhere. This challenge does not stipulate that you stop confronting people who need to be confronted or standing up for yourself, and I highly advise against doing so.

RULES
    ------

1. Stop complaining, start doing. If something in your life needs doing, but it's hard to do, just man up and do it - don't wallow in it and tell someone else. (This doesn't include serious issues, ones where you actually need help, of course, just minor problems that really don't warrant your whinging.)

2. Start complementing people. Not all the time and definitely not for no reason, but if you notice something you genuinely like about another person, why not tell them? It would probably brighten up their day a lot to receive a complement like that; just put yourself in their shoes.

3. If something's beyond your control, why worry? If you can't do anything about something, try not to bring it up in conversation. Conversations started on depressing topics like politics, the (bad) weather and current events tend to end equally depressing - they aren't a good way to break the ice.

------

You may want to complement this challenge with other mindfulness activities such as meditation or general introspection, but it's not strictly necessary.

If this challenge gains traction, I might implement a leaderboard of sorts down here. But for now, I'm perfectly fine doing this as a personal challenge or a small group with a few other people. Here's to self-improvement!