The Batman Challenge - Can You Get Rid of a Bomb?

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Batty Belfry, Jul 13, 2020.

Will you become the Batman?

1. Become? I am the Batman!

28 vote(s)
    75.7%
  2. No, I don't mind being an orphan.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe. I will keep training as Robin.

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mtrt

mtrt New Fapstronaut

Please sign me up!

mocoko, +TenPercent, {Ananta} and 2 others like this.
  2. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

@mtrt welcome to Gotham, population: Knights.

{Ananta}, mtrt and BurgerChamp like this.
  3. Somehow I have made it 75 whole days (in a row!) without masturbating. I will rise to the challenge and see if I can make it for another 25 days as a Crime Fighter.

@Batty Belfry thank you for creating this community and it looks like you are going strong in hard mode. That's awesome!

4. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

I am the Burt Ward to your Adam West, @+TenPercent I am grateful to have you and a strong community to make this group dynamic.
    We will serve up some onomatopoeia beatings for those baddies!

BurgerChamp and +TenPercent like this.
  5. wokesheep_32703

wokesheep_32703 Fapstronaut

Restarted last night, I was at day 6 which is perhaps the longest I've abstained in a while. My goal is to make to day 15 next.

6. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

Checking in for Day 11. Did some more careful traveling last week. I safely reconnected with old friends and went on a lot of walks. I stayed with a friend of mine and we had sex. She and I are figuring out how to make a long distance relationship work in the age of covid. She's known about my struggles with this addiction for almost a year now and has been encouraging me through the rebooting process. I'm prepared to manage urges and the chaser effect until I see her next.

I started back at work today and received some somber news that my job might be in jeopardy. I felt pretty dejected earlier today about the possibility of being let go. I'm doing my best to remain positive and deal with this stress in healthier ways. Fortunately I have a solid support system with my family and this forum. Looking forward to reaching the 2 week mark.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  7. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

Support is never far away @orionpax42 and neither are opportunities. Furloughs are never kind; my father experienced this twice, over the phone and in person, both unceremonious. I started teaching only a month ago and news of shifting teachers to other schools was brought to our attention. Keep doing good work, I know you can. Red tape won't stick to you.

BurgerChamp and orionpax42 like this.
  8. simba121785

simba121785 Fapstronaut

9. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

Hakuna matata, @simba121785 There is room on the horizon for you. Keep following the light.

orionpax42 and BurgerChamp like this.
  10. rock_lee

rock_lee Fapstronaut

11. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

@rock_lee Welcome and may you and your crusade fly swiftly through the night into a brighter day.

12. Αλέξανδρος

Αλέξανδρος Fapstronaut

Sign me in and put me into Vigilantes!

Batty Belfry likes this.
  13. Αλέξανδρος

Αλέξανδρος Fapstronaut

Anyway, I would suggest adding more characters, like Penguin, Catwoman, The Enigmist, Bane, Firefly, Harley Quinn and others, so that the challenge will be more intriguing.

Batty Belfry likes this.
  14. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

Relapsed twice last night. The chaser effect got me. I was drinking with my roommates beforehand and brought another beer into my room to drink by myself before going to bed (not a good combo). Made the mistake of keeping my phone with me and that led to full relapses. I've made a new rule to not drink solo under any circumstance.

I think my brain wanted a dopamine hit to deal with the possibility of losing my job and the stress from all that's going on with the world. I'm not as depressed about the relapses as I thought I would be. I'm picking myself up by going for a hike this weekend and cooking some healthy food.

Here's some vulgar encouragement from comedian Bill Burr that helps me keep trying:

Batty Belfry and {Ananta} like this.
  15. Αλέξανδρος

Αλέξανδρος Fapstronaut

16. simba121785

simba121785 Fapstronaut

17. Batty Belfry

Batty Belfry Fapstronaut

Welcome Αλέξανδρος, I would tag you, but for some reason the @ will not find you. Keep training with those simulations in the Batcave! The rogues gallery idea is a good one, but I wanted to keep it focused on Batman and some of the Bat Family.

BurgerChamp likes this.
  18. Αλέξανδρος

Αλέξανδρος Fapstronaut

Just try to copy and paste my name after the @

Batty Belfry and BurgerChamp like this.
  19. {Ananta}

{Ananta} Fapstronaut

My Journal
    day 10 here, you want to know how ive been doing it, whenever a urge hits i run from it

Batty Belfry and BurgerChamp like this.
  20. BurgerChamp

BurgerChamp Fapstronaut

Batty Belfry eyyy buddy, I'm now on my 16th day as of today hehe