"The best way to find an amazing person..."

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Karumi, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Karumi

Karumi Fapstronaut

"... is to become an amazing person." - Mark Manson [https://markmanson.net/how-to-find-the-one]

Thoughts anyone?

I like it. It's counter-intuitive yet it feels true to me. Manson says earlier in the article that "[...] everyone wants a perfect partner, but few people want to be the perfect partner."

I know this is just one view out of many views on relationships that may or may not ring true for some people and there's plenty of room to misunderstand Mark's meaning. What does it mean to become an "amazing person" or a "perfect partner"? One key difference, according to Mark, is neediness. Are you going to become amazing for yourself or is it just another tactic to get people to like and sleep with you?

Like attracts like.

Agent and Tafi like this.
  2. Jtstill423

Jtstill423 Fapstronaut

It's something that gets preached very often and it's the whole truth. Too many people rely on others to make them happy. It's like a really difficult puzzle which represents your happiness, you have to put all the pieces together to fulfill true happiness. As it pertains to life, you are responsible for your own happiness, because you are the person that you care about the most. I've seen too many people get depressed, because a couple girls didn't recuperate their feelings. Hell, I've been that way until I found out this truth. You're not ready for a relationship yet. You got time. You got resources. You make yourself the happiest person in the world and be your authentic awesome self. Whoever comes by and sees the attraction might just take it for a spin.

Karumi likes this.