1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The best workout you will ever need

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Heimdall, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Heimdall

Heimdall Fapstronaut

Hi, guys!
    I just want to share with you all a really good workout program I tried. The best thing about it that it does NOT require an expensive gym membership, you can easily do it at home and it is the most effective workout I have ever done.
    It is called German Volume Training, some people might know it as 10sets of 10reps.
    Basically you pick exercises you like or want to get better at (for example push ups, dips, squats) and do the following:
    Example: 100 push ups, 100 inclined pull ups, 30 bent over barbell row and 30 bicep curls.
    This is an example for upper body day (Day 1). Than you pick an other 4 exercises for legs[Day 2] (squats, side lunges, pistol squats and calf raises) and do the same:
    100 squats, 100 side lunges, 30 pistol squats and 30 calf raises.
    You stick to these numbers 100, 100, 30 and 30.
    Here is a workout plan I picked myself:
    Day 1:
    100 dips, 100 inclined pull ups with TRX, 30 military press and 30 supermans.
    Day 2:
    100 squats, 100 side lunges, 30 calf raises and 30 pistol squats.
    Day 3: off.
    Day 4:
    100 push ups, 100 bent over barbell row, 30 bicep curls and 30 military press.
    Day 5:
    100 pistol squats, 100 leg raises, 30 squats and 30 supermans.
    I did most of the exercises with a 20kg vest on me because it wasn't difficult enough with only bodyweight.
    I am on Week 5 currently and I need to tell you that I feel much stronger than on Week 1 and some of the exercises I can do now with less sets and less rest breaks. I've taken measurements of my body before I started and on Week 4 again. In this 4 weeks I gained 3 cm on my thighs, 1.5cm on biceps, 1cm on forearms and 1cm on chest and calves.
    This is the only workout from the lot I have tried that gave me visible results and pretty good gains.
    Do it for maximum of 6 weeks and than have 3 weeks of break where you do other less intense exercises before you do another 6 weeks. Rinse and repeat!
    If you combine this with a good nutrition I am 100% sure you can get some really good gains.
    Excuse me for the long post, I hope you will find it useful. Any questions, just ask!

LonerWolf and jager like this.
  2. LonerWolf

LonerWolf Fapstronaut