1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Climb to the Peak

Overcoming your personal Everest.

1. Don'tLookBack

Don'tLookBack Fapstronaut

Base Camp
    Here at the Base Camp of Everest! This will be a strenuous journey ahead, but it will be well worth it. "With God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful view from here, ain't it?

Also with respect, when I get to the top. I will call myself a Super Rebooter Victor, not a god.

2. Don'tLookBack

Khumbu Icefall
    So I have made it to the treacherous Khumbu Icefall. Feels good to say the least, I pushed myself hard the past 5 days and have started to create really good habits.
    [​IMG]
    Next stop: Camp I

ReInForced_Elk likes this.
  3. Simorgh

Simorgh Fapstronaut

Congrats on your progress! Can you please tell me how this challenge work? I dont get the rules... How do I know if I encountered a blizzard, etc.?

Don'tLookBack likes this.
  4. Don'tLookBack

Hi! So, what it sounds like to me is this: Or at least this is how I'm doing it. You move up every five days, regardless of your streak counter. However, every 30 days you randomly select a challenge. I don't think the moderator who started this challenge is very active from what I can tell. So I'm just going to put the challenges in a random generator. And then whatever challenge you get, if you don't have enough days in your streak counter, then you fall back to base camp. The idea is that the more in your counter, the more you're able to withstand the challenges. Me, personally, I started the challenge thinking you only move up when you reach another 5 days in your counter, but I guess you move up regardless, it's just the challenges you've gotta look out for.

5. Simorgh

Simorgh Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot for immersing me! I also did it like you said, but I had one problem: How exactly do you put the challenges in a random generator, practically speaking?

Best wishes from ElK

6. Don'tLookBack

There are twelve different challenges. So, there are a few different ways I can think of: One is a website called picker wheel, you can put in the names of the challenges. Another way is if you have Siri or Google or something like that, you can just ask it for a random number between one and twelve. Or you can ask another person to give you a random number between one and twelve.

7. Don'tLookBack

Camp I
    You'll never believe it! I made it to Camp I! The last little stretch (Day 9) was extremely rough, but I pulled through. Today I came in on a beautiful scene: Tents! I can rest now.
    [​IMG]

But now my rest is over, and I must move onwards: To Western Cwm!

8. Don'tLookBack

Relapsed today. I guess the climb continues, but there's less of a chance I defeat the next challenge in 19 days. I'll do my best.

9. WantsToQuit2021

WantsToQuit2021 Fapstronaut

You can do it!!

I've been trying nofap for 4+ years and never got to 14 days, so you are already ahead.
    Keep it up!!

10. Don'tLookBack

Thanks for the encouragement! If you ever want to Private Message to support each other, that would be awesome.

11. Don'tLookBack

Currently I'm at the Lhotse face. However, I have relapsed so many times, I'm pretty sure I'm going back to base camp in 8 days unless I get extremely lucky.
    [​IMG]