1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dopamine Detox Challenge *(Science Based)*

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Bihari, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Starman123

Starman123 Fapstronaut

DAY 3/30

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  2. Mitsuro

Mitsuro Fapstronaut

Yes I need to detox my brain. Count me in @Bihari
    Extreme mode for me. I need to stop some of them and some I don’t do any way.
    0. PMO, edging. Needs to go and is why I’m here.
    1.Movies, T.V. I get very addicted to box sets but it’s not a issue at the moment but will abstain.
    2.Youtube. Huge one for me and will be very difficult to stop so I need to do this one.
    3. Social media. Won’t be an issue abstinaning as I don’t really do it.
    4. Carby/ sugary food. Huge addiction for me. This has to go and I feel similar around it as I do to PMO.
    5. Video games. Another huge one. I’m a avid gamer and it needs to go. I decided a couple of days ago to delete everything as part of nofap anyway.
    6. Music. I can take it or leave it but will abstain.
    7. Disturbing news media. I had a bit of a history of looking at stuff on liveleak a few years back and similar stuff on YouTube.
    I will continue to abstain.
    8. Sex chat with GF. Easy I’m single

I could probably do with adding coffee/ caffeine to the list but I will just drop that down from a cappuccino with sugar to a plain black coffee.

Things I will do daily.

up by 6am
    Yoga, Qi Gong or cardio.
    Cold bath.
    Time outside in nature.
    Medatation
    Mirror accountability morning and evening.
    Asking myself questions(5 minutes eyes closed)
    Nofap check in and post.
    Try to be in bed by 10.30pm.

Weekly

4 hours per day on courses and education( Monday-Friday)
    Strength training three times.
    Listen to an audio book. ( I have 9 to get through)

I’ve set the bar high but I really want to transform myself and create a new reality. One where I am self disciplined, healthy, driven, energetic, focused, connected, strong, fit, aware, present, productive and confident.

Stay strong.

Bihari, Starman123 and Overcome Fear like this.
  3. Starman123

Starman123 Fapstronaut

4. Address007

Address007 Fapstronaut

Great challenge. Will be starting Day 1 tomorrow @Bihari

5. Address007

Address007 Fapstronaut

This is a great time for me to join this challenge as I am reaching 6 months on NoFap, and while I have experienced benefits, there is a lot of room for improvement as I have been indulging in some bad habits like spending too much on my phone surfing the web, eating junk food, etc.

Only time I will allow myself on my computer & phone is during work, and at the end of my day to provide a quick update here. Outside of that, I want to be tech-free.

I have plenty of books on my to-read list. So my plan is to:

Work
    Read
    Exercise
    Eat healthy (no sugar, no unhealthy carbs)
    Meditate
    Other self-improvement activities

This will undoubtedly be my toughest challenge, but I'm very much looking forward to it!

Bihari and Starman123 like this.
  6. Starman123

Starman123 Fapstronaut

7. Starman123

Starman123 Fapstronaut

8. Starman123

Starman123 Fapstronaut

9. Day 0. Watched YT and listened to some music.

10. hermitthefrog

hermitthefrog Fapstronaut

Hi @Bihari and everyone on this thread, this is day 0 of extreme mode for me!

For the next 30 days I vow to go without PMO, movies, T.V. series, YouTube, social media, video games and news (0,1,2,3,5,7).

Today is day 60 of the 90 day PMO free challenge so that's already going well. Now it is time to reduce dopamine reward seeking in other areas of my life.

I would love to start a low carb diet (4) but it would be too much at this moment in time. Definitely something for later time though, I'm just choosing my battles. Music (6) is a great passion of mine so giving that up is out simply of the question. I don't have a girlfriend so (8) is easy!

Wish me luck.. and good luck to everyone on here, let's do this!

11. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

I'm happy to see the thread still relevant. Will be striving alongside you guys from now on.
    Will update the list once I see activity back on track.
    Love.

Starman123 likes this.
  12. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

Mode: Extreme
    abstaining from activities 0,1,3(whatsapp and 15 min telegram use excluded), 5,7,8.
    I haven't thought about sugar and carb use for the moment.

hermitthefrog and Starman123 like this.
  13. Starman123

Starman123 Fapstronaut

14. hermitthefrog

hermitthefrog Fapstronaut

Checking in on day 2

I don't know why I wrote day 0 yesterday, it was the first day of this challenge, i.e. day 1

Yesterday went quite well, I did some reading, meditation and listened to a lot of music. I do have to find a way to deal with people who send me news articles and videos which they expect me to read/watch. I should just tell them "I'm doing this challenge" but I don't want them to think I am weird or closing my eyes what is happening in the world right now.

15. melville

melville Fapstronaut

Maybe you could tell them that you're detoxing without going in to the specifics. Your friends will likely understand that and only text you the important stuff. Looking forward to seeing how it goes, you are an inspiration.